• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Agon AG273QX

Ooh, how is it?
It looked like a really good VA panel, and was one of the candidates for replacing my partner's old 1080p thing earlier in the year. We ended up with an MSI MAG272QR instead, which has been pretty good but has lacklustre HDR compared to the AOC... (also was about £100 cheaper and hit the market a few weeks earlier)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ooh, how is it?
It looked like a really good VA panel, and was one of the candidates for replacing my partner's old 1080p thing earlier in the year. We ended up with an MSI MAG272QR instead, which has been pretty good but has lacklustre HDR compared to the AOC... (also was about £100 cheaper and hit the market a few weeks earlier)
Don't know yet, will let you know when it arrives. I would be surprised if I am able to downgrade from my current 4K monitor. All I play is single player games and I can't see how 1440p will be able come close to the image quality my 4K one has. But lets see, I will keep an open mind, end of the day as I play less games these days, I would be happy to go back to a lower resolution, it would mean spending less on GPU upgrades :D

Associate
5700XT is faster than the 2070, and cheaper.

Its that "GTX 1080TI cheap" it should be selling like its the best thing since sliced bread, right?

What got me, was that instead of lowering the cost of the 2070s, they brought back in the 2070 and people still bought them... absolutely laughable.

Soldato
What to expect when switching to the new GPU scheduler
The transition should be transparent, and users should not notice any significant changes. Although the new scheduler reduces the overhead of GPU scheduling, most applications have been designed to hide scheduling costs through buffering.

The goal of the first phase of hardware accelerated GPU scheduling is to modernize a fundamental pillar of the graphics subsystem and to set the stage for things to come… but that’s going to be a story for a another time .
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/

Man of Honour
I suspect these type of fundamental changes to the way the system communicates is in preparation for MCM graphics cards.

Definitely some of these kind of changes are going to be needed for MCM functionality unless they find another way to solve some of the problems with processing game data.

Soldato
Don't know yet, will let you know when it arrives. I would be surprised if I am able to downgrade from my current 4K monitor. All I play is single player games and I can't see how 1440p will be able come close to the image quality my 4K one has. But lets see, I will keep an open mind, end of the day as I play less games these days, I would be happy to go back to a lower resolution, it would mean spending less on GPU upgrades :D

There is a definite difference between 1440 and 4k and it all depends on the user. For me I was all about 4k until my 1440p 144hz monitor arrived and I never looked at 60hz the same again. Just couldn’t go back no matter how good 4k looked. And I do miss my old pb287q, regret selling it.

Have you tried above 60hz before? That can add A LOT more clarity. Once I experienced 144hz I was blown away and just couldn’t go back.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
There is a definite difference between 1440 and 4k and it all depends on the user. For me I was all about 4k until my 1440p 144hz monitor arrived and I never looked at 60hz the same again. Just couldn’t go back no matter how good 4k looked.

Have you tried above 60hz before? That can add A LOT more clarity. Once I experienced 144hz I was blown away and just couldn’t go back.
I have. Did not do much for me as I play slowly and don’t do any twitch gaming. I am all about single player games. Used to do mp a lot more in the past, but these days I prefer sp much more.

Soldato
I have. Did not do much for me as I play slowly and don’t do any twitch gaming. I am all about single player games. Used to do mp a lot more in the past, but these days I prefer sp much more.

If that’s the case I’m a little confused as to why you have gone the 1440p route after having 4k. Just to try it or downgrade the system?

4k will still look much sharper in my opinion especially if graphics is what you’re after over framerate. I still prefer high refresh even in single player slow paced games as it’s just much smoother, but all down to the user I guess.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If that’s the case I’m a little confused as to why you have gone the 1440p route after having 4k. Just to try it or downgrade the system?

4k will still look much sharper in my opinion especially if graphics is what you’re after over framerate. I still prefer high refresh even in single player slow paced games as it’s just much smoother, but all down to the user I guess.
Maybe you missed a post or two, but the monitor is for my partner, not for me. I am just going to test it out and use it for a few days.

Yes, I also went for this monitor to try it out. Could have gone for a cheap bog standard dell 60hz for her, but felt like it would be nice to go for this monitor so I get to mess about with it and have the option to use it when I want.

Soldato
Maybe you missed a post or two, but the monitor is for my partner, not for me. I am just going to test it out and use it for a few days.

Yes, I also went for this monitor to try it out. Could have gone for a cheap bog standard dell 60hz for her, but felt like it would be nice to go for this monitor so I get to mess about with it and have the option to use it when I want.

Ahh yes my bad I did miss a fair bit. Did think to myself am I missing something, which usually becomes the case with me :o.

Looks a quality monitor to be fair. Just got to hope after testing 165hz butterness, it doesn’t have you wanting one as well :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom