BMW M140i owners

Soldato
Pro nav is a absolute must. I had the basic nav in a 218d courtesy car and it was awful, just looked so out of place - especially when the screen looks wide, if it was a choice I'd take pro nav over heated seats any day.

The only thing is that pro nav seems to be slightly far and few between... but it looks like it can be retrofitted ok (few hundred from ebay for screen? and some changes to car configuration?)

I'd genuinely hold out for the adaptive suspension.

That and, as mentioned above, the Pro Nav are essential.

The HK and the upgraded sound system are nearly identical, I've owned both for significant periods of time. Sure, the HK is better, but only slightly, I'd scratch around for the adaptive suspension before the HK. Great if you can get both, of course.

I'd try both the M135i and the M140i, the M140i is not significantly faster on paper but it was very brutish on the road. I daresay I had more fun with the M135i, it's power somewhat more usable.

Interesting, thanks! I keep thinking if I go m135i, then I will always be wanting the m140i! Perhaps I'm just mental.

Adaptive suspension is great on a new car but be very careful with it if you're buying an older one or a simple change of some tired shock absorbers ends up being a massive bill.

Good point! I did think with fancy trickery there could be larger bills when things start to age.

This is a very good point to make when buying used! Wise words...

I think, if I were looking at a used M135/M140 then the "must have" list would be:
- Pro nav
- HK
- cruise control (personal preference...I do a lot of miles)

Literally everything else would be on the "nice to have" list.

Cruise is standard, but the fancy one with brake assist, etc. is not. I love cruise too, I don't always do lots of miles, but when I do I always miss it!

Associate
OP
I've absolutely **** the bed on this car and went for a newer Golf GTi. I may live to regret it but I'm used to running company diesel cars and have a heavy right foot.

Thanks for your input, I was undecided right up till half 5 last night when I left the office and bought the Golf.

Well, it's only been 6 months with the Golf but I was annoyed every time I drove it as it wasn't the BMW.

I've been looking constantly and got an amazing trade for the Golf in against an M135i (auto) this time. Was game for either 135/140i but 140s are demanding a premium since I last looked in February.

Estoril Blue, Black leather, sunroof, parking sensors, Pro Nav, folding mirrors, auto, 29k miles and 1 previous owner. Unmarked, new Bridgestone Potenzas all round (not my choice but see how they go).

Pick the car up on Wednesday.

Soldato
If it's a performance thing, both are mental quick for me anyway and I would have been hard pushed to tell the difference.

Ended up not trying a m135i, only m140i's.

Found a nicely specced one and picked it up three weekends ago. HR, Pro Media, Comfort, Heated Steering Wheel and Adaptive Suspension (despite my reservations, but I'm glad I did).

White with the red interior, I'm loving it so far!

How are you finding yours, sounds like a nice one too!

Back
Top Bottom