**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
If anyone was interested, I got my new phone on Friday, all is well. The speaker on the old one was definitely shot in one way or another. The difference between this one and the old one is night and day. Glad I noticed it!

Google CS were exemplary, already sent off the old one back to them this afternoon.

Can't complain.

Soldato
Maybe it's a desperate attempt to release before OP Nord :D

I do think this delay will cost them sales compared to launching in May, there's been an a big influx of excellent midrange phones this summer.

Soldato
There's also the Motorola G G5 Plus, Realme X50 5G and to an extent iPhone SE 2 from April.

It's already looking pretty average spec wise so would have to smash it out the park with that software experience but there's only so much it can do with a single camera setup and your regular 60Hz screen.

Wonder if they will try and throw in another juicy order bonus with it to push sales.

Soldato
best bet for google now is to sell it at cost price. seeing as they make so much money out of services, add revenue and the play store. they really need to do something different or the mid range boat has sailed.

Soldato
Yup, rather they go straight into £299 price bracket than £399 of Pixel 3a and throw in some Chromebook that almost no one wanted.

Soldato
Yeah I had to double check I had the name right on that one and still didn't get it right :D

Still, looks a solid midranger so Pixel needs to be aggressive on the price to make up for lack of lenses and high refresh screen.

Also I assume it will have 5g?

Last edited:
Associate
It will be £350.

So at that point, it will be down to whether you value the regular updates and stock Android.

Going from here, that’s clearly not enough anymore.

Soldato
Oneplus really don't seem to be that far off on the software front either so that's where Nord has really thrown a spanner in the works for them, especially with a delay from May launch.

Back
Top Bottom