Crysis Remastered 2020

Soldato
Just installed it again now in Steam.
Nothing needed, jsut right click and play. Works perfect - DX10, 3440x1440, 100hz/fps. I just needed to change to windowed mode then back to fullscreen to force it from 50hz/fps to 100hz/fps with vsync & gsync set on in Nvidia control panal
The 2080Ti can actually run it at 3440x1440 in 8xAA at 100fps. I'm shocked. My 1080Ti couldnt at 100fps

Mines went from 100 FPS and then I installed mods and dropped it to 84fps.still love these games .

Caporegime
:D

Didnt think it would take long. Looks like they made it more colourful but extracted loads of detail from the game so it's playable on ageing consoles.

They shold have focussed on PS5 and PC only

Exactly what they did for the original console versions, the mountain was basically brown and missing a ton of foliage. If this is the remaster it looks like they've remastered the console version which was on a newer version of the engine.

Associate
It looks a bit like the original Far Cry where you had an option to change between a couple of different visual styles, this one being the super vivid (over saturated) version. Poor effort.

If they've actually fixed the engine for proper multi core support and a big performance boost then I might take a look at some point, it might allow the modders to go all in and give it a real remaster in the future.

Think it's one to wait for the Digital foundry breakdown video for a proper analysis.

Edit: Just blew the screenshots up fullscreen and realized how blurrry they are. Damn.

Soldato
It looks a bit like the original Far Cry where you had an option to change between a couple of different visual styles, this one being the super vivid (over saturated) version. Poor effort.

If they've actually fixed the engine for proper multi core support and a big performance boost then I might take a look at some point, it might allow the modders to go all in and give it a real remaster in the future.

Think it's one to wait for the Digital foundry breakdown video for a proper analysis.

Edit: Just blew the screenshots up fullscreen and realized how blurrry they are. Damn.

Good point about modders taking the remaster and adding all the detail back if it's in a new engine allowing for multi core. Hopefully the Crysis modding community can make it looks how a remaster should... i.e. the original with better textures, multi core support and global illumination. But then it wouldnt work on Xbox and PS4. boo ho

Soldato
Lol. I hope that is not the remaster. What’s the point of that? For a game like Crysis getting the graphics right is the most important thing...

If that is it I won’t be bothering.

Yeah, the supposed re-master graphics in that article look worse than the original. Bizarre.

Soldato
but the sound of it doesn’t seem good ffs crytek wot the @@@@ are use doing used to love use but now I’m on the fence.
Exactly, same for me. A remaster is taking the original and making it look and sound better. Not taking the original and making it more colourful but removing 50% of the detail!!

Caporegime
QIY6KQi.jpg

Leaked trailer apparently. You can see the hud gets the nanosuit effects on hits etc that was in the console versions of the original and in crysis 2 and 3. About the only difference (besides the hud nano effects) i can see is it looks a bit more colourful.

I think one issue with the game is the original still looks really good, so it's hard to improve it to a level that reaches out from the screen and smacks you across the face.

Last edited:
Soldato
So they realised they've screwed the pooch and done a last minute delay. It needs to be so, so much better than that leaked trailer ^^. The series is known for realistic looking graphics and pc punishing performance. It needs to look good and support multi-core CPUs at a minimum.

Caporegime
So they realised they've screwed the pooch and done a last minute delay. It needs to be so, so much better than that leaked trailer ^^. The series is known for realistic looking graphics and pc punishing performance. It needs to look good and support multi-core CPUs at a minimum.

It should support multi-core as that's how they got the original game to work on consoles with a newer version of the engine that supported it better (besides downgrading it substantially visually). Honestly that trailer just looks like Crysis with a colour mod slapped into it, but as i said the original is still a very good looking game so it's probably hard to upgrade it to a degree that really pops out of the screen.

Soldato
It should support multi-core as that's how they got the original game to work on consoles with a newer version of the engine that supported it better (besides downgrading it substantially visually). Honestly that trailer just looks like Crysis with a colour mod slapped into it, but as i said the original is still a very good looking game so it's probably hard to upgrade it to a degree that really pops out of the screen.

Yeah, maybe they thought different would stand out more. Still doesn't seem a good idea though.

EDIT - Xbox YouTube have messed up and released the trailer anyway:

One above confirmed as real and was supposed to be out 23/07/20.

EDIT 2 - They took it back down. Bunch of clowns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom