** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
So just found out that because they're still waiting for the monitor, OCUK don't put stock to one side when you order multiple parts.

They've now sold off all the available stock of the Cooler i ordered because "Hey, this order isn't going out for a bit" but with no ETA on the cooler being replaced now I probably won't get my monitor on the pre-order date either. Absolute Clownshoes way to run a business.

Associate
B6WwYrx
arghhh how do i post an image, got it on imgr

Last edited:
Associate
So just found out that because they're still waiting for the monitor, OCUK don't put stock to one side when you order multiple parts.

They've now sold off all the available stock of the Cooler i ordered because "Hey, this order isn't going out for a bit" but with no ETA on the cooler being replaced now I probably won't get my monitor on the pre-order date either. Absolute Clownshoes way to run a business.

Too be fair I always order parts separately in different orders for that very reason

Soldato
In the Latest News section, Nik is looking into it and should give us info today.

Already looks at home @MikeB! HDR in Windows is ridiculously bad, but does work properly for games.*

*at least the ones I checked out.

Associate
Too be fair I always order parts separately in different orders for that very reason

Im utterly fuming. First and Last order from OCUK.

They then have the cheek to say "why don't i swap out the missing parts for ones in stock" (which are more expensive ones based on the availability btw).

Associate
How is the picture quality without HDR on? Uniformity good? In your img gallery it looks pretty bad on the forum page, as in the greys aren't consistent. Thats mostly in the 2nd image. It looks better in the 3rd.

Cheers for the updates btw.

Associate
the light is terrible in here, to my eyes i am seeing a deep rich uniform colour, the curve is extreme but i am used to it already and i cant see a variance from corner to corner

Now watching an action movie via Prime on it, really nice picture (Bear in mind I have an OLED as main TV so know how sharp images can be)

My use case was decent screen that was big enough I can use at 1440p without glasses, I am not a professional gamer/complainer and it seems good to me, replaced a TN and used in conjunction with a 34 UW IPS 1080p monitor

I'll provide another update when I have blasted away on FPS's, running via a VEGA56 which will be upgraded if ever they release new cards, I'm RED and GREEN agnostic and will go with the ones that offers best FPS at reasonable rates

Last edited:
Associate
run the colour tests and sweet as a nut, couldnt see any defects

Just played BF1, run lovely and smooth, my vega was outputting approx 120 FPS and all good, did notice AMD drivers reported monitor as max 144mhz, windows recognises it as 240mhz

Soldato
run the colour tests and sweet as a nut, couldnt see any defects

Just played BF1, run lovely and smooth, my vega was outputting approx 120 FPS and all good, did notice AMD drivers reported monitor as max 144mhz, windows recognises it as 240mhz

Hi how is the brightness with colours across the screen and bottom , I returned MAG272CQR which is va panel noticed the colour would slightly wash out across the bottom

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
I am the wrong person to ask for fine detail, all I can say is it all seems good to me, not notice excessive harshness with brightness, the picture is even all over, loving the curves and have noticed that despite the size of the screen i don't seem to need to move my head

Bear in mind this is new out, so sure someone much cleverer than me will come out with some calibration settings, to my eyes all I did was reduce brightness (Was set to 100) and it was perfect

Soldato
To be fair, you giving qualitative comments rather than the quantitative stuff you get from technical reviews, is much more useful to end users IMO. Same applies for a number of devices.

I'll try do something once I receive mine, but still waiting on an ETA. :)

Back
Top Bottom