Installed the latest W10 update (2004) and my sound has gone.

Soldato
Everything reports back as working fine, yet it quite obviously isn't as I have no sound whereas not 30 minutes ago (prior to updating) it was working fine. I can plug my headphones in and they work (via their own little USB soundcard, but they don't work if they're plugged into the 3.5mm mic. out socket) but my desktop speakers via Realtek are just mute. Have re-installed the latest Realtek drivers and still nothing.

Have checked all settings and nothing is muted and if I attempt to run a test I get an "Error, failed to play test tone" pop-up.

Soldato
My sound went funny, had to mess about in control panel sound section to get it working again. Do not know what i did to get it working, just messed with the setting and it started working?

Soldato
OP
Tried everything with no joy. In the end I just ****** the Realtek drivers off and am using the stock Windows HD Audio Device drivers for now. Makes me wonder if that's not what they, Microsoft, wanted all along. :p

Soldato
My Realtek audio started popping after the update. I deleted the driver in device manager and let it re-install it’s own drivers and all is ok again now.....

Soldato
Recent windows updates suffer from terrible QA just pause the updates for 35 days then research if they fixed it or pause another 35 days as more often than not MS break something now due to less QA & more outsourcing outside US :rolleyes:

Soldato
This happened to me with my headset this morning after a windows update last night. I tried uninstalling the drivers to kick it back into life, but nothing worked until I unplugged it and plugged it in again - just sprang into life after that. Guessing some kind of forced init via USB was needed.

Back
Top Bottom