** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
I can do that tomorrow, but bear in mind it's not calibrated so your getting out of the box with brightness reduced by 50%

Soldato
If you could do it in a dark room with 100% brightness, that'll exaggerate any lack of conformity.

I am pretty sure there are reviews out there that conduct this test along with colour though. The reviews might even be in this thread.

Associate
I'm stuck between thinking the 27" might be too curved and the 32" might be too big.

I currently use a 25" 1440p, 24" 1080p, and have had 27" 1440p before. I have a dual monitor setup and my desk is about 80cm deep. Thoughts?

Soldato
I will be getting the 32 and plan to wall mount it , I feel the 27 and deep curve will make it seem smaller and the 32 with curve will be more immersive

Currently use LG 4k IPS 27 inch

Associate
Okay cool, I imagine you'll get a lot of request, the perks of being one of the first eh. I tend to find 32" too blurry for 1440 but also quite large for competitive games too, the curve will probably make this a none issue for most, who knows.

Associate
As you can see from pics I wfh, the set up allowed me to use the ultra wise for docs and the Samsung for Netflix, then during boring meetings ultra wide for teams and Samsung for games

I have the standard ikea pedestals and worktop on top, seemed very roomy still to me

Soldato
As you can see from pics I wfh, the set up allowed me to use the ultra wise for docs and the Samsung for Netflix, then during boring meetings ultra wide for teams and Samsung for games

I have the standard ikea pedestals and worktop on top, seemed very roomy still to me

how is the sharpness with icons etc, wondering because its 31.5 and 1440p

THanks

Associate
32" 1440p is exactly the same ppi as 24" 1080p for reference.

Curious to know what the recommend viewing distance is for each model.
I assume there is a sweet spot where the curve matches perfectly.

Also do these monitors come with LFC (low framerate compensation)? Edit: They should do as its part of the requirement for Freesync Premium

Last edited:
Associate
To me it's all pin sharp no fuzziness or jaggies, but I am far from 20/20

It's on my left which I prefer, means I can swivel slightly to be dead centre as opposed to it being face on and having to move left or right

Associate
Doesn't look too bad. I was worried it was going to look tiny but this seems about right for what i need.
Yeah thats my feeling as well now. I was worried the curve would make it feel smaller than a normal 27" monitor. But it looks fine.

Back
Top Bottom