2020 biking plans and ambitions

Associate
I've been out quite a bit this year on a few ride outs; considering the covid bug situation! A trip to Poole Harbour being the highlight, the A338 is quite a nice route from Oxfordshire.

That one trip was 2/3 of last year's total milage! :o

Soldato
I recently separated from my wife which has changed my financial plans somewhat for 2020/21. I retire in July next year after 32 years in the fire and rescue service. I'm fortunate because of the rank I will be retiring at to have a substantial lump sum and pension coming my way. Last year before the marital issues came to a head, I had @£20k earmarked for a dream bike as a retiral present. Panigale V4 was on the list, that sort of price point. But I've had to change my plans now as I'll need a substantial amount of finances available in order for me to start a new life and buy a new house. So my priorities have changed somewhat as you can imagine.

Another bike still features in my plans but a max of £10k is now set. So a BMW K1300S Anniversary or Motorsport Edition is top of my list right now. I'll be keeping my Aprilia Mille for the odd weekend ride but I fancy something that isn't too expensive, still fast but can eat up miles easily as I want to see a bit of the world. And my mates and I had to postpone our annual NC500 pilgrimage this year so that will be back on in 2021 (did it on the Mille last year and it was fine but I think I'll try the Beemer next time). Bucket list retirement trip for me and the mates is to go to the TT as well so again, if thats on in 2021, it will be right up there on my 'to do' list. :D

Sometimes strange how your life plans can change at the drop of a hat.

Man of Honour
We spent the last month swearing blind that we were going to do the NC500 and, having a very narrow window, were gambling that Scotland would be opened up before our departure date of 18 July. It was, so... we've just rebooked and are going to Switzerland :) Camping on Susten Pass. Let's try and salvage something out of this year.

Wahey!

Let me know when you're around if you want to go for a ride together.

Back
Top Bottom