Grabbed my first proper office chair! (Boss Design Sona - mini review)

After a few failed cheap (£80) PU leather gaming chairs, I decided to go secondhand and try and grab myself a 'proper' office chair, my old gaming chairs barely lasted a couple of years a piece, mainly due to excessive peeling and the foam/padding flattening, luckily I have a very good secondhand office furniture warehouse at my local industrial estate.

I ended up grabbing a leather Boss Design Sona Task Chair for £120, fully specced out these things fetch around £900 new! I can see why people pay for premium office chairs now, solid build quality, nice chunky aluminium frame, foam padding is still firm even though this particular chair is a good few years old, and best of all this thing is so adjustable it's insane, you can raise/lower the backrest, the arms can raise/lower, the rests themselves can move in all directions, the seat base can move forward and back, and can also be tilted forward 4 degrees.

With all the adjustments you really feel you can tailor this chair to your body, and most importantly your back, when you sit on this chair you can feel your back being pushed into the right position, that may sound uncomfortable at first, but it's a satisfying feeling, my old gaming chairs had very poor lumber support and you ended up slouching in them, the back support on this chair rests on your lower back, so when you lean back you feel your back straighten.

h3xdYjK.jpg

Here's a link to the chair if you are interested in the specs,

https://www.bossdesign.com/product-list/sona/

I've made this post mainly because if like me you are working with a lower budget it might be worth grabbing a secondhand chair that might last longer than a cheaper new chair, and also have better build quality and adjustments, these for example can be grabbed (albeit lower specced) on 2NDHND for only £115, if your looking for a solid office chair for around that price I would definitely recommend this one, or at least try dipping your toe in the secondhand market.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting thanks, where might local be in terms of area if you don't mind me asking?

I hate my chair it's extremely uncomfortable and need to replace it, it's not even a year old either

Soldato
Grabbed a fabric version for £105. Thanks for bringing to my attention as my Ikea Markus is giving up the ghost after 11 years. Bought it before showing the GF and it turns out it's the same she had in her hold office and rated it highly.

Soldato
Looks smart, was after a chair myself and ended up ordering a Office Hippo. If it's not much use I may seek out one of these.

Don't know if you'll see this, but how is it? Just seen them on Amazon. Wondering if it's genuinely good, and you aren't paying for a brand name, or if they're lacking?

Back
Top Bottom