Poll: ** The official Apple TV 4K thread (the 2021 model has a new remote and everything!) **

Are you buying the 4K Apple TV?

• Yes

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Not at the moment, maybe later

Votes: 55 33.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
:rolleyes:

Ever consider that the app will be updated once tvOS 14 arrives?

It’s a perfectly usable app in the meantime.

I doubt it.

It's not usable and a step back from the original bundled Apple developed app. Doesn't support frame rate switching, would rather make a **** poor attempt at interpolating. It's plainly a port of the "standard" YouTube app from other platforms is it doesn't support the remote properly, the touch pad is not the d-pad you'd find on other devices.

You get a better experience using Airplay from another Apple device.

Associate
OP
I doubt it.

It's not usable and a step back from the original bundled Apple developed app. Doesn't support frame rate switching, would rather make a **** poor attempt at interpolating. It's plainly a port of the "standard" YouTube app from other platforms is it doesn't support the remote properly, the touch pad is not the d-pad you'd find on other devices.

You get a better experience using Airplay from another Apple device.

No issues from my end-I see a video I want to watch, I click and I watch. Job done.

Soldato
Where can I find prices for films if I don't own the device or any apple product? Looking it up for my parents
If you write here what films you’re looking at, I can check for you.

Not sure if you can access it from a non Apple device, I’ve tried googling it but it always diverts me to the Apple store on my phone.

Soldato
Thank you all for the links, very much appreciated.

How is live TV? From my short research it seems the only thing really available is the TVPlayer app, with around 40 channels?

Im not looking for some hack about way of doing it as it be for my parents , so need to be plug and play as they're not tech savy

Associate
OP
Each app has a live tv section-well I know iPlayer, Hub and All 4 do.

They are perfectly serviceable for us for the live tv that we watch.

Soldato
Can I ask why you guys choose Apple TV over cheaper alternatives like a Firestick?
Because up until recently the Apple TV box was the only way to get access to your video library.

It’s only in the last 12 months that you could access your Apple TV library through different devices.

Commissario
Can I ask why you guys choose Apple TV over cheaper alternatives like a Firestick?
I'll answer before the usual suspects say it.

"Because we're ignorant Apple fanboi sheeples who would buy a shiny poo if Apple sold one" :rolleyes:

For me, I bought the original AppleTV because (as @Captain says), it was the only way to access my large iTunes library. I've upgraded through different models as they came out apart from the 4K because I don't have a 4K TV. Having played with other cheaper alternatives, I think Apple have got the interface pretty much spot on and it just fits with my infrastructure here.

Soldato
I'm trying to weigh up if it's be a good investment for my parents.

They watch a ton of TV but normally channels on Sky. I looked at TVPlayer and a few of the channels they watch aren't there. Neither on Now TV

Soldato
I'm trying to weigh up if it's be a good investment for my parents.

They watch a ton of TV but normally channels on Sky. I looked at TVPlayer and a few of the channels they watch aren't there. Neither on Now TV
Unless they have a subscription to Apple TV or have a movie library, I’d look at cheaper alternatives.

No need to spend £150 if you only need access to smart apps.

Back
Top Bottom