• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HDMI to Display Port

Soldato
Does anyone know of cable that works for a display port monitor to hdmi pc

Every one I've seen only works the other way round and and is not bidirectional.

Do I need a active display port adaptor / cable? I remember this sort of issue back in the 2000s times for eyefinity etc

Monitor is a old Dell u27 and pc is an all in one mini pc with hdmi 2.0 Intel n600 spec gpu gemini lake

HDMI to HDMI only gives 1080p instead of 1440p, tried a different set of cables etc...

Soldato
DisplayPort (the dual-mode ones with the ++ next to the symbol) also carries an HDMI signal which is why you can use a simple physical convertor

There's no DisplayPort signal on an HDMI output so you'll need an active adapter.

Have you worked out whether it's the HDMI output from the PC or the HDMI input on the monitor that's the limiting factor? If it's the PC an adapter (active or not) isn't going to help.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Monitor outputs 1440p via display port only (display port to display port) - (not hdmi)

Pc outputs 4k to TV fine (hdmi)

Its a dell u2711 which is known to have issues displaying 1440p via hdmi

So I need a cable / adaptor that does hdmi (pc) to display port (monitor), ebay only lists the others round not as required

Soldato
Googling for 'hdmi to display port adapter' finds a few options for just under £30. They're active adapters that take their power from an addition USB port. At least one of the first couple I looked at claimed to support 1440p @ 60Hz.

Soldato
OP
cable arrived today, worked perfectly with no issues

carries sound too, £20 but no faffin around with adaptors / extensions etc

i'm sure this will help someone else too

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom