• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
As these cards get more expensive less people can afford them. As I said a couple of pages back they are getting expensive, we are already paying £350 for the lowest end mid range cards. Look at the cards below them, the GTX 1660's and RX 5500's, these are ~300 £ cards that are frankly not much good, they are 1080P cards that already struggle in some games even at that.
And these prices keep increasing. In a few months we will be able to get a gaming box with a 16 thread Ryzen CPU and an RTX 2080 Equivalent GPU in it for less than the price of an RTX 2080 alone. You're looking at £1200 to match that in a PC box.
The price of GPU's has gone completely out control, and RAM again, you need 32GB for 4 years longevity these days and that's £200.
These new consoles are looking very attractive.
+1 I never really considered one as a PC alternative in the past but I quite fancy a console in the living room and will probably get one perhaps even as an alternative to a new GPU/PC upgrade soon if the GPU price insanity doesn't abate.

Caporegime
RTX 3080 Super Ti Founders Edition. To go with your 14nm+++++++++ Core I9 10900KS, Asus ROG Strix Evolution XVIIII, TeamGroup RGB Royal Gold DRR4, Noctua DF17-4654 Croma Notchy Fanned Cooler and don't forget the self changing Corsair Super Gaming 7600000 DPI RGB Mouse with matching RGB Mouse Mat.
Did I miss anything? :)

Caporegime
RTX 3080 Super Ti Founders Edition. To go with your 14nm+++++++++ Core I9 10900KS, Asus ROG Strix Evolution XVIIII, TeamGroup RGB Royal Gold DRR4, Noctua DF17-4654 Croma Notchy Fanned Cooler and don't forget the self changing Corsair Super Gaming 7600000 DPI RGB Mouse with matching RGB Mouse Mat.
Did I miss anything? :)
"ORDER NOW"

:p

Associate
The whole point of DLSS is that you don’t need the highest end card.
Tell that to every game developer that's released a title (including early access) in the past 5yrs so they can enable it. DLSS might be useful is some cases and may indeed become something special but don't be a sucka to Nvidia marketing.

Soldato
Wonder what size that is compared to the other foundries, seems stupid there's not some kind of standard measurement system.

Marketing at its finest.

"Hey look guys, look at our 7nm!"

Consumers: "7nm of what??"

Marketing: *Pikachu Face*

Like how Intel's 10nm and TSMC's 7nm is actually the same, just different marketing name because the sizing term refers to two different measurements. It's the same crap Steve from Gamers Nexus has been complaining about for a while now - companies who make statements with no basis of comparison - like a GPU manufacturer who writes on the box "50% cooler!" or AMD's on their Ryzen 3000 CPU's advertising them as 7nm when part of the CPU is still on 12nm.

Caporegime
Marketing at its finest.

"Hey look guys, look at our 7nm!"

Consumers: "7nm of what??"

Marketing: *Pikachu Face*

Like how Intel's 10nm and TSMC's 7nm is actually the same, just different marketing name because the sizing term refers to two different measurements.

Yeah its stupid, it would be misleading if there was some actual standard of measurement they had to adhere to. Near sure i read somewhere amd\intel\nvidia also count transistors differently as well. So presumably they count it in a way that gives them a bigger number.

Back
Top Bottom