Too old for my Panigale. What next?

Associate
How often do you run alongside your bike though? You'll not see that when riding it, so surely you'd let it fly, for what could be (probably is) an incredible bike.
They're a bit too small for me too, I might forgive it if they were bigger. I'm 6'1'' and chunky, it looks like I'm on an aprilia racing 50cc :D
Superduke or 1200r for me.

Man of Honour
I’ve owned an Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory and a Yamaha MT-10.

The Street Triple RS is a better bike than both of them for the road, as it has been developed from the ground up for the road instead of butchering a race bike chassis.

If your on the heavy side the new Speed Triple is lovely, as is the S1000R and Super Duke.

Soldato
They're a bit too small for me too, I might forgive it if they were bigger. I'm 6'1'' and chunky, it looks like I'm on an aprilia racing 50cc :D
Superduke or 1200r for me.

Like Donkey Kong in the SNES Mario Kart :D I friend of mine is 6,3 and has an MT09 - the low back end really emphasizes his height. I'm just jealous though, with my 5,7 short arse :p

Soldato
I'd be looking at one of the super naked's, KTM superduke, Tuono or new streetfighter. I went from an 899 panigale to a triple RS. Although it was fun I found it a bit underwhelming. My car felt quicker in a straight line and it just didn't have the excitement/slight intimidation factor. I ended up on an s1000rr which if you haven't tried are incredibly comfortable considering what it is, and could also fit the bill if you're willing to try another sports bike.

Soldato
OP
Some good responses and advice in here - thanks chaps. Disappointed to read your review of the RS @Thomas. PLease. especially as you transitioned from an 899 which is pretty much identical to my bike give or take a few CCs and some added electronics. I'll make up my own mind, maybe as soon as tomorrow assuming Triumph are permitting test rides. Going on what @Kreeeee stated the RS will likely be enough bike for me. To that point I definitely won't be considering the RR. The R maybe, which is certainly worth a test ride.

The Tuono does look v. interesting but exceeds my budget if buying new, I'll see how they fair on the used market although I'd prefer to buy new.

Man of Honour
Some good responses and advice in here - thanks chaps. Disappointed to read your review of the RS @Thomas. PLease. especially as you transitioned from an 899 which is pretty much identical to my bike give or take a few CCs and some added electronics. I'll make up my own mind, maybe as soon as tomorrow assuming Triumph are permitting test rides. Going on what @Kreeeee stated the RS will likely be enough bike for me. To that point I definitely won't be considering the RR. The R maybe, which is certainly worth a test ride.

The Tuono does look v. interesting but exceeds my budget if buying new, I'll see how they fair on the used market although I'd prefer to buy new.

For what it’s worth I bought a Duke 890R over the Street Triple RS. The large bump in torque and cruise control pushed me over the edge bit it was a very close call between the 2.

It might suit you more is the twins of Ducati and Aprilia were interesting for you.

Soldato
012e1440fa3d1237519c24dd21aeeb6c.png

@Domo

Caporegime
Keep in mind that with Aprilia you're buying in to their dealer network, or rather lack of.

Epic bikes though, that MY19 in that image is quite possibly the best looking naked on the market.

Soldato
Epic bikes though, that MY19 in that image is quite possibly the best looking naked on the market.
I find it looks like someone dropped there sport bike and ripped parts of the fairing off it and then some kid came along afterwards and struck huge aprilia stickers down the sides of it..

Last edited:
Associate
The speed triple 1050RS is a lovely bike, probably has the best throttle response of any bike I've ridden, unbelievably crisp. I don't think the raw figures do them justice, they are well spec'ed and there is good deals on them at the moment.

Associate
The speed triple 1050RS is a lovely bike, probably has the best throttle response of any bike I've ridden, unbelievably crisp. I don't think the raw figures do them justice, they are well spec'ed and there is good deals on them at the moment.

I'd second that - even only a brief experience of having one for the day while my Triple was in for some work.

Still lust after the Tuono though, just for the noise.

Man of Honour

There are big changes for the Speed Triple coming next year.

Back
Top Bottom