Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
B16B beats the first two as well with its 182HP from 1.595L

Clearly a bit of snobbery going on whoever did that list not want to put JDM/Honda stuff on it as Honda were the leaders and I am so glad I got an S2000 again but I am not using it as a daily so all the things that are annoying, buzzy/noisy with roof up but as a roof down car on dry days, wow such an awesome drive, driven stuff like Abarth 124, MX5's and even Ferrari Portofino and forgetting values the S2000 is the more fun and more engaging drive, but necessarily the better car to live with and I hoe that makes sense.

Caporegime
Clearly a bit of snobbery going on whoever did that list not want to put JDM/Honda stuff on it as Honda were the leaders and I am so glad I got an S2000 again but I am not using it as a daily so all the things that are annoying, buzzy/noisy with roof up but as a roof down car on dry days, wow such an awesome drive, driven stuff like Abarth 124, MX5's and even Ferrari Portofino and forgetting values the S2000 is the more fun and more engaging drive, but necessarily the better car to live with and I hoe that makes sense.

I think a lot of it would have been smashed hadn't everything gone to turbo, mpg's, cheap diesel tax etc. Have to get with the times though as petrol isn't 50p a litre anymore.

Also technically the Wankel in the RX8 is the best as it is 235BHP from 1.3 litres. 180BHP/Litre :p

OcUK Staff
I think a lot of it would have been smashed hadn't everything gone to turbo, mpg's, cheap diesel tax etc. Have to get with the times though as petrol isn't 50p a litre anymore.

Also technically the Wankel in the RX8 is the best as it is 235BHP from 1.3 litres. 180BHP/Litre :p

Why get with times? Petrol was not 50p a litre when S2000 was made and right now it’s a quid a litre and to me that seems great value, no matter what prices hit, even £2 plus a litre I’ll still be driving my fuel guzzling cars as long as I can and having fun doing so. I really don’t care about running cost, I buy a car for fun and why I’ve got four fuel guzzlers and contemplating adding a 5th, another 9000rpm beast. :)

Soldato
Why get with times? Petrol was not 50p a litre when S2000 was made and right now it’s a quid a litre and to me that seems great value, no matter what prices hit, even £2 plus a litre I’ll still be driving my fuel guzzling cars as long as I can and having fun doing so. I really don’t care about running cost, I buy a car for fun and why I’ve got four fuel guzzlers and contemplating adding a 5th, another 9000rpm beast. :)

Of course you don’t care, you’re not exactly short of money! You’re certainly not the average motorist.

OcUK Staff
Of course you don’t care, you’re not exactly short of money! You’re certainly not the average motorist.

We all care to an extent but if we’re buying fuel guzzling cars like many of us in this forum have done so then economy and fuel cost were not at forefront of our minds.

I will only go EV when forced to do so or when it makes sense to me and right now I’d rather buy smelly old petrol cars and enjoy my passion.

Caporegime

I have never owned a diesel in my life but people like yourself and I are a rare breed these days. Most of my work collegues think I am mad for having 3 cars in a two adult household but the vast majority of people couldn't care less for performance. Race on Sunday and buy on Monday has long since gone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry when was this a thing? There has been no specific cheap tax for diesels since the fuel duty on diesel was increased to that of petrol on the 1990s.

I assume he just means the general cheap tax that Diesel cars offered around the 2010 era. My Alfa is a 2L diesel yet the tax is £30 a year. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than an equivalent petrol.

Man of Honour
I assume he just means the general cheap tax that Diesel cars offered around the 2010 era. My Alfa is a 2L diesel yet the tax is £30 a year. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than an equivalent petrol.

That was cheap tax for low co2 not specifically diesel. A petrol engine emitting similar co2 would have had the same tax.

Soldato

There’s a reason they all went to they including now honda and it’s legal emissions compliance has forced the hand.

Caporegime
That was cheap tax for low co2 not specifically diesel. A petrol engine emitting similar co2 would have had the same tax.

Yes but a petrol was never going to match a diesel like for like in terms of Co2 so the two went hand in hand. There are plenty or dag dag rep mobiles with £30 tax and 160 ish bhp but petrol version just didn't exist.

Last edited:
Associate
Part exchanged my civic after 3 and a half years of owning it. Bought it for £1450 back in early 2017 and then brought it to Finland with me when I moved here. I've enjoyed owning it and learning to work on something that's not worth much financially has been quite fun.
civic.png

Part exchanged it for this 2011 Avensis today. It's not going to set the world on fire but I wanted something very reliable that's capable of driving me and the family through Europe to the UK in comfort, as well as doing all the daily duties the rest of the time. Oh and since the wheel is on the left side I can actually go to McDonalds drive through and ticket machine car parks without struggling too:D
avensis.png

Back
Top Bottom