Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
Awesome, I need some v8 goodness in my life too.

Still waiting for the car....waiting on rear discs to arrive.

it was having new spark plugs, gear box oil change, air con fix/re-gas and a few other bits n bobs.

Its been rebadged on the rear. Not sure whether to buy some new uns? I always cringe at the C200 Badged up AMG’s, so kind of like not having them. But then it’s one of the cars that should have AMG on the back....will see how I feel.
Also it looks quite discrete without them, nice to be invisible.

Last edited:
Soldato
mots been rebadged on the rear. Not sure whether to buy some new uns? I always cringe at the C200 Badged up AMG’s, so kind of like not having them. But then it’s one of the cars that should have AMG on the back....will see how I feel.

It’s hard to be invisible when they can hear you coming a mile off :D

Associate
Still waiting for the car....waiting on rear discs to arrive.

it was having new spark plugs, gear box oil change, air con fix/re-gas and a few other bits n bobs.

Its been rebadged on the rear. Not sure whether to buy some new uns? I always cringe at the C200 Badged up AMG’s, so kind of like not having them. But then it’s one of the cars that should have AMG on the back....will see how I feel.

Debadged performance car = :cool:

Debadged bog standard run around = :(:confused:

I've left the badges on my C43 but would happily go without and it would be nice and stealthy looking (apart from the little AMG badge on the grille which I don't think can be removed?). C63/E63 on the other hand - the exhaust is a massive giveaway, as is the noise from much further away than you can hear the C43 V6.

There's what looks like a nice C63 in a car park near work that is fully debadged with full C63 exhaust, grille, wheels, bumpers etc. Looks great, until I heard it start up and it was a rattly old diesel :confused:. Not a fan of that at all.

Soldato
Debadged performance car = :cool:

Debadged bog standard run around = :(:confused:

I've left the badges on my C43 but would happily go without and it would be nice and stealthy looking (apart from the little AMG badge on the grille which I don't think can be removed?). C63/E63 on the other hand - the exhaust is a massive giveaway, as is the noise from much further away than you can hear the C43 V6.

There's what looks like a nice C63 in a car park near work that is fully debadged with full C63 exhaust, grille, wheels, bumpers etc. Looks great, until I heard it start up and it was a rattly old diesel :confused:. Not a fan of that at all.

Yeah, there's a CLA that parks near my house, definitely diesel. It's black with big yellow stripes down the sides with AMG in big letters. (and AMG badge on back) I think a version of the C63 had something similar.

I know we're in a massively lucky position to be able to afford these vehicles, but I don't think I could ever badge something else up to be something it's not.

Soldato
Yeah, there's a CLA that parks near my house, definitely diesel. It's black with big yellow stripes down the sides with AMG in big letters. (and AMG badge on back) I think a version of the C63 had something similar.

I know we're in a massively lucky position to be able to afford these vehicles, but I don't think I could ever badge something else up to be something it's not.

See for my diesel it came debadged like I mentioned but I have no added to it if that makes sense? It was a dealer show car and so it had everything ticked pretty much and I love how it looks. I never pretend it is anything more than it is, but I do sometimes think it looks like it has more performance than it does.

I have thought about this with a lot of the AMG line, S line, ST line etc cars. They look like the performance version but never thought that was a bad thing normally. I would rather like how my car looked to me than worry about others opinions on what is under the bonnet.

Does that make sense?

Soldato
See for my diesel it came debadged like I mentioned but I have no added to it if that makes sense? It was a dealer show car and so it had everything ticked pretty much and I love how it looks. I never pretend it is anything more than it is, but I do sometimes think it looks like it has more performance than it does.

I have thought about this with a lot of the AMG line, S line, ST line etc cars. They look like the performance version but never thought that was a bad thing normally. I would rather like how my car looked to me than worry about others opinions on what is under the bonnet.

Does that make sense?

Yep, total sense! :) there seems to be an arms race as to how many badges manufacturers can add to a car. As you mention, it's all S Line, ST etc...

Back
Top Bottom