Thoughts on IPhone 11.

Associate
Been a long time Android user since the HTC One X days, mainly Htc and Sony but got my first Samsung flagship with the S9.
I’ve also been a IPad user since the mini 2 then got a Air 2 and now a Pro 2018.
But thinking of moving to IOS with phones. I have the opportunity to try out a IPhone 11 as my Mum is happy with her Xr and I can have the 11. life I really hate it my upgrade is June 2021.
will I miss Android? I never really used the high customisations with Android, just use it for internet browsing, Spotify and as camera. Use my iPad for media consumption.

Soldato
These days the difference is a lot smaller than it used to be. iOS 14 will also be quite customisable. The only thing that I can say I would miss from Android is notifications. iOS has become a lot better at it, but still isn't up to par.

Soldato
I reckon the only significant difference between iOS and Android from a usability perspective is the ease of the back swipe gesture. In Android, the back swipe can be accessed easily from anywhere. In iOS it's badly thought out.

Otherwise, the iPhone 11 is a fine phone.

Soldato
There’s very little difference between the two these days. Apple does have a certain amount of polish which you don’t tend to get elsewhere.

I think you’ll find the iPhone iPad integration very nice once you get it all going.

Soldato
I went from a Samsung S9+ to Iphone 11 and I am totally happy with the decision. I realised I actually don't need the absolute top of the line phone (as the S9+ was at the time) and for my use integration with my iPad, iMac and AirPods has proved to be far more useful. Its different for everyone though.

I think as a general rule if you use other devices we have a tendency to totally overspec our phone requirement. I certainly used to anyway, it was probably the most powerful device in the house at various points but I wasn't using it as such.

Associate
OP
I went from a Samsung S9+ to Iphone 11 and I am totally happy with the decision. I realised I actually don't need the absolute top of the line phone (as the S9+ was at the time) and for my use integration with my iPad, iMac and AirPods has proved to be far more useful. Its different for everyone though.

I think as a general rule if you use other devices we have a tendency to totally overspec our phone requirement. I certainly used to anyway, it was probably the most powerful device in the house at various points but I wasn't using it as such.
Whats the battery life like? If I use WiFi on my S9 100% to 20% is 4.5 hours SOT and 3 hours on 4g.
My main priorities are good music quality for spotify, decent battery life and a good camera. Not fussed about the screen as I mainly browse the Web on my phone and use ipad for media, photo editing etc.

Soldato
Whats the battery life like? If I use WiFi on my S9 100% to 20% is 4.5 hours SOT and 3 hours on 4g.
My main priorities are good music quality for spotify, decent battery life and a good camera. Not fussed about the screen as I mainly browse the Web on my phone and use ipad for media, photo editing etc.

Its a step up on the S9+ battery wise but I couldn't really say by how much. Mine is on charge overnight and sometimes on charge while Im at work so its difficult to measure. Im similar with my use and its been perfect for my needs. I don't need to pay a premium for the absolute top of the line screen when Im not watching films on the phone. I find the integration with my other Apple devices so flawless and easy that its jumped to the head of the queue of requirements for me.

Back
Top Bottom