** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Found a negative, I want two more as a wrap around display :), loving it so far, pretty sure the G9 will blow peoples minds

Associate
TBH I dunno what it is but that video seemed to be kinda negative. His message is "This monitor is great but I wasn't happy with this one issue" and i can't help but seem to hear "This monitor is great BUT I WASNT HAPPY with this one issue"

Though i suppose if he didn't make a big deal about it he might have trouble trying to return it ;)

The only thing worrying me about this purchase is if it will fit on my desk lol

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, that hardly seemed worrying, my current IPS 27" has about the same bleed.
Can't wait for my G9, getting so impatient haha

Associate
TBH I dunno what it is but that video seemed to be kinda negative. His message is "This monitor is great but I wasn't happy with this one issue" and i can't help but seem to hear "This monitor is great BUT I WASNT HAPPY with this one issue"
its like having a pet tiger. Its great in every conceivable way except the fact that one day it WILL eat you. That one thing kinda outweighs all others in my mind.

Soldato
I got to a beer induced state of deep thought last night. As I have space and will be returning to the office in the near future, I've switched to the 48CX.

Only downside for me is the Odyssey monitors with consoles and 4K content. Apart from those, they appear to be cracking monitors. Stuff like Valorant would be epic on one.

Associate
As I have space and will be returning to the office in the near future, I've switched to the 48CX.

I wish I could justify a CX. But the idea that burn in exists pretty much removes any desire for an OLED.Still, they are beautiful.

Think I'm going to go with the 27" G7.

Soldato
I am worried about burn-in for PC use, however, there are ways to try and minimise the risk. Some of which, like hidden taskbars and empty desktops are what I already do, so won't be a major issue there. I'll likely keep the 27" handy for long sessions of football manager.

Associate
So what would anyone recommendations on the size to get? I got the 32 inch on an order but debating whether it'll be too big.

I mainly play FPS and don't sit to far away from the screen. I kinda thought with the curve the bigger would be better.

I'll also be putting my PS4 pro through it, so thought 32inch maybe better fit the downscaled 4k? (Yes I know PS4 pro on 1440p won't be the best) but I have a PC and gambling on 1440p support on the PS5.

But im kinda debating on 27 inch instead.

Soldato
So what would anyone recommendations on the size to get? I got the 32 inch on an order but debating whether it'll be too big.

I mainly play FPS and don't sit to far away from the screen. I kinda thought with the curve the bigger would be better.

I'll also be putting my PS4 pro through it, so thought 32inch maybe better fit the downscaled 4k? (Yes I know PS4 pro on 1440p won't be the best) but I have a PC and gambling on 1440p support on the PS5.

But im kinda debating on 27 inch instead.

https://youtu.be/ukQDYESPJf0

So it should be getting firmware update so can select 4k input and it will scale it to 1440p so giving better quality if just have 1080p option

Back
Top Bottom