LG 38GL950, 38GN950 and 38WN95C

Associate
OP
I've gone for WN, just waiting for OC to confirm I can collect....

My logic is that 144hz is fine (I have a 160hz Predator right now but rarely game), I don't want the noise of the G-Sync module fan, don't need the pretty lights, and prefer the design of the frame/stand which matches most of my setup.

Soldato
do gsync "compatible" screens operate VRR in fullscreen windowed mode? i only had one such screen and it did not seem to work outside of pure fullscreen. i need to tab out of games a lot and it's a major concern for me. has anyone done any testing in this regard please?

Good point, I haven't used VRR before, so I'm not aware of the drawbacks of the modern versions and if this is still a thing.

Associate
I had ordered the 38WN95c because I thought the 38GN950 would never go on sale in the US, at least not for a few more months. It was delayed a bit and shipped late so I couldn't cancel and now both showed up.

Pretty sure I'm keeping the GN950

2lLoCpj.jpg

Associate
What made you choose the GN950?

I don't need Thunderbolt 3 (Don't have a laptop or a TB3 controller on my PC) and I don't really plan on plugging anything into the monitor. Don't need the built in speakers, and while PIP is nice, it's not something I've ever said "dang I need pip". I will have a 2nd monitor now, so if I have a 2nd device or if I need to troubleshoot my PC, can just use that.

I chose the GN because of the design, features and the RGB light. I originally wanted the 38GL950 when it was announced in Dec'18/Jan'19 CES press announcements. I followed that monitor on it's many delays and mis-starts for about 12 months..And when it came out and I was ready to buy (in the US) LG announced this GN model. I didn't want the fan noise or the g-sync module tax. So this was ultimately what I had been waiting for for the past 18 months. I bought the WN because I didn't think the GN was coming out in the US till October and was tired of waiting. I did not plan on having them both.

Back
Top Bottom