The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
Yeah really bleak. You don't just pop a few heads then happily fly off into the sunset like Nathan Drake. Murder has consequences for everyone, especially yourself. It's a grown up game, alright. Maybe that's why the kids on Reddit are crying so hard about it.

Soldato
It is actually scary how powerful herd mentality is. The outcry against TLoU2 began way before anyone had played it and the momentum smashed right through launch. I've got friends who loved the original who got swept up in the nonsense and boycotted the game as a result. Totally bonkers.

Soldato
Even if you're not a fan of the story you can't help but marvel at what they've done from a technical and artistic point of view. The world they've built and the detail within it is just incredible.

Soldato
Even if you're not a fan of the story you can't help but marvel at what they've done from a technical and artistic point of view. The world they've built and the detail within it is just incredible.

Totally. Regardless of plot - anyone into video games who doesn't play TLoU2 is totally missing out. I was playing new game+ last night (first game i've done this for btw. Also the first game i've started again straight after finishing) and was thinking that had someone showed me this as an example of what the next generation consoles were capable of, i'd have believed them.

Soldato
How’s your rating of Tlou2 ? What did you hate/like ?
I don't rate it at all. I only like the game world assets and some of the art direction from some clips I have seen and that's about the same for most games, the rest is a cliche, predictable, formulaic, uninspiring, they lack substance, most of these types of video games are much the same and the studios/developers are stuck in a frenzied shooting/killing loop. Did not need to buy this game and many others to know exactly what they are, (got rid of my gaming consoles, was going to buy a ps4 pro again) although I have played some of the developers previous titles/franchises I actually prefered to play as a male character, don't care for nudity nor sexual content and even if it was heterosexual so anything deviating from a personal preference is an absolute no go. It's the same boring formula, it is mainly the reason why I gave up gaming for the most part, the gaming horizon looks bland to me, just can't see anything of interest, each to their own.

Soldato
I don't rate it at all. I only like the game world assets and some of the art direction from some clips I have seen and that's about the same for most games, the rest is a cliche, predictable, formulaic, uninspiring, they lack substance, most of these types of video games are much the same and the studios/developers are stuck in a frenzied shooting/killing loop. Did not need to buy this game and many others to know exactly what they are, (got rid of my gaming consoles, was going to buy a ps4 pro again) although I have played some of the developers previous titles/franchises I actually prefered to play as a male character, don't care for nudity nor sexual content and even if it was heterosexual so anything deviating from a personal preference is an absolute no go. It's the same boring formula, it is mainly the reason why I gave up gaming for the most part, the gaming horizon looks bland to me, just can't see anything of interest, each to their own.

So you like to play as hero 101, ie bald male hetro character, but this game is the same boring formula? Cant really explain anymore as its the game thread not the spoiler thread, if you want to discuss more then post in there.

Soldato

But you don't know, right? You're guessing. I'm guessing you have enjoyed some video games and, for what it's worth, TLoU2 is up there with the very best i've played. The difference between this, particularly in how the story is delivered through gameplay, is unlike anything else around. It is, ironically, given you feel it's 'predictable, formulaic, uninspiring etc', refreshingly unique. I'm also a rather jaded gamer to the extent I don't consider myself a gamer at all these days. Play enough games across enough platforms over enough years and it's rare something feels genuniely new and surprises you. TLoU2 did. I suspect if you played it - even you hated the story and playing as a woman rather that a guy - you'd concede it's the most cinematic experience in a video game to date. Or not. Confirmation bias is strong.

Associate
The first 1/4 is the weakest. From then it picks up to levels the first can't match. Story/character wise it's subjective and your mileage may vary. For me, the story was good, if too damn brutal and bleak at times. If you thought the first was bleak - you haven't seen anything yet! In terms of the gameworld, gameplay, graphics, just the sheer goddamn epicness of what happens, TLoU2 is leagues ahead. You should absolutely play it through.
i like reading all the notes absorbing the world i love post post apocalyptic stuff.

Associate
Totally. Regardless of plot - anyone into video games who doesn't play TLoU2 is totally missing out. I was playing new game+ last night (first game i've done this for btw. Also the first game i've started again straight after finishing) and was thinking that had someone showed me this as an example of what the next generation consoles were capable of, i'd have believed them.
I knew mate you get some idiots saying wait for a sale lol what wait a couple of years when its 20 quid.

Soldato
Beyond that artistic value the rest is a murder simulator with boring zombies. Cashing in on violence.

Just looked at your post history. Considering you post in a lot of Call of Duty threads im not sure what your point is. Your history alone suggests to me you were never going to like this game.

Soldato
I know mate. You get some idiots saying wait for a sale lol, what wait a couple of years when its 20 quid?
-why are they idiots :confused:
-will the game be any different if you play it in a couple of years rather than right now :confused:
-it's already going for £35 posted used and only been out 2 weeks so 2 years, really :confused:

V F

V F

Soldato
-why are they idiots :confused:
-will the game be any different if you play it in a couple of years rather than right now :confused:
-it's already going for £35 posted used and only been out 2 weeks so 2 years, really :confused:

Nope.

People were even buying the first several weeks ago playing it to get ready for this and they didn't know anything at all about it.

Soldato
The notes and memo’s are great. I always think to myself (if it’s a personal note) oh.. I hope this person is okay? Wonder what happened to them

Back
Top Bottom