The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Caporegime
I'm going to be a grumpy git here and I sure hope that if you, or anyone else, are going to use that mod list that you go and endorse each and everyone of the mods/patches that are included in that so called mod. Since the mods included are all from mod authors over at Nexus and not that persons own mods.

/end rant

Oh man that is one amusing post, less 'grumpy git' and more 'daft git'. :D It's clearly a collection of other people's mods ('modlist')and I assume that you have not read his readme documentation where he gives credit to the mod authors and asks users to go and endorse them all: https://github.com/ForgottenGlory/Living-Skyrim-2/blob/master/README.md#credits--thanks

Mod Authors
  • None of this would be possible without the people who make the quality content we’ve grown to know and love. Please endorse the authors’ works.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Associate
To get the best out of wabbajack you'll also need a subscription to Nexus but I didn't mind that as I've used them for years and have breathed new life into so many games.
Wabbajack is awesome.

Soldato
Caporegime
To get the best out of wabbajack you'll also need a subscription to Nexus but I didn't mind that as I've used them for years and have breathed new life into so many games.
Wabbajack is awesome.
I bought the lifetime subscription, imo it is a crime not to in order to support that amazing website and all of the countless hours of modding heaven it has given me. Literally many, many AAA game-lengths worth of enjoyment. :)

Caporegime
Holy crap... I just did the Wabbajack thing and wow... Skyrim is like a completely different ball game, stunningly beautiful! I initially added Rudy ENB on top of it and it broke my rig... FPS dropped down to 15. Disabled it and my FPS is now between 30 and 40 fps. Now I definitely need a new Ampere. :D

The whole downloading and installing took around 1.5 hours on my rig which isn't bad and the whoel process is so easy if you follow all of the instructions and have a Nexus membership. Now all I need to do is add a few choice NSFW wenching mods for ultimate immersion. :)

Soldato
The whole downloading and installing took around 1.5 hours on my rig which isn't bad and the whoel process is so easy if you follow all of the instructions and have a Nexus membership.

Would you mind posting or linking to step by step instructions? I'm interested in seeing this; I think I'll dip in and out of Skyrim for as long as I own a PC. :)

Pet Northerner
Don
Holy crap... I just did the Wabbajack thing and wow... Skyrim is like a completely different ball game, stunningly beautiful! I initially added Rudy ENB on top of it and it broke my rig... FPS dropped down to 15. Disabled it and my FPS is now between 30 and 40 fps. Now I definitely need a new Ampere. :D

The whole downloading and installing took around 1.5 hours on my rig which isn't bad and the whoel process is so easy if you follow all of the instructions and have a Nexus membership. Now all I need to do is add a few choice NSFW wenching mods for ultimate immersion. :)

I'm probably going to do it tomorrow AM

Pet Northerner
Don
Hah same here for my 1GB fibre... at least in a more legit way. :D

Not gonna lie, the while thing was done in about an hour. The first game load took quite a bit last night but the game looked great.

Will need to test the fps in various places before deciding on and enb or not.

But that was a lot easier than missing on my own

Man of Honour

Without a complete replacement of some parts of the engine with some settings/mods the game will hit API bottlenecks such as drawcalls and/or places where it is limited by being single thread heavy and run badly on just about any hardware.

Caporegime
Not gonna lie, the while thing was done in about an hour. The first game load took quite a bit last night but the game looked great.

Will need to test the fps in various places before deciding on and enb or not.

But that was a lot easier than missing on my own
It saves MANY MANY HOURS of selecting the right mods and options, installing them individually, and then noticing other stuff you are missing and then having to add them and still find you are missing other cool stuff. I mean the guy has individually curated and tailored the entire thing, this must have taken him months. I can't believe I never saw this tool before and I will donate a few quid to the guy as thanks because my free time is previous and he has saved me a hell of a lot of it.

I will add a few "wenching" and CBBE mods on top of this and see if I can get it all working smoothly.

Without a complete replacement of some parts of the engine with some settings/mods the game will hit API bottlenecks such as drawcalls and/or places where it is limited by being single thread heavy and run badly on just about any hardware.

Well, yeah it's an old engine but having 800 mods is going to take a heavy toll. On my previous install I was running 200 mods super smoothly and now I guess I am at the limits of the engine. However my GPU is a significant limiting factor here, my CPU also to a lesser extent, and an upgrade in Q4 will give a decent boost I am sure.

Pet Northerner
Don
It saves MANY MANY HOURS of selecting the right mods and options, installing them individually, and then noticing other stuff you are missing and then having to add them and still find you are missing other cool stuff. I mean the guy has individually curated and tailored the entire thing, this must have taken him months. I can't believe I never saw this tool before and I will donate a few quid to the guy as thanks because my free time is previous and he has saved me a hell of a lot of it.

Oh yeah, there's been times where I've spent more time modding / tweaking than playing. Something that's this painless is a breath of fresh air!

I'll probably give a FO4 pack a try if it also has good documentation.

Caporegime
Oh yeah, there's been times where I've spent more time modding / tweaking than playing. Something that's this painless is a breath of fresh air!

I'll probably give a FO4 pack a try if it also has good documentation.
I was also thinking about FO4 as I recently did a fresh install with my new PC build... the vanilla modlist looks like it would be ideal. :)

Soldato
I've installed the Wabbajack, looks great. A couple of questions:

How do I get 4k resolution working? If I edit the prefs ini then it displays in the top left corner like a large postage stamp?
How do I get the hud on the top left to disappear?

Back
Top Bottom