• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A £350-400 upgrade from a GTX1070

Soldato
Just wondering if theres anything worth while right now?

Only reason I ask is I may be using an old build along with my 1070 to give to work for our new CAD system to run on. In doing so they will essentially fund a replacement GPU instead of finding a new system etc

Just having a look but not sure what the best options would be?

Its only a thought for now

Associate

Only reason I ask is I may be using an old build along with my 1070 to give to work for our new CAD system to run on. In doing so they will essentially fund a replacement GPU instead of finding a new system etc

Generally speaking, GTX 2060 Super or a RX 5700XT, I prefer Nvidia...but benchmarks will likely show the RX 5700XT out performing a GTX 2060 Super, but they would both be in budget, two great cards.

Soldato

If you can wait, best to see what the upcoming releases from both AMD and Nvidia look like.

Personally I wouldn't be buying a new graphics card now unless mine suddenly stopped working.

Soldato
OP
Ok maybe the timing isnt great. Need the PC for work asap really so maybe it's best to skip this ideas and just buy a complete system for there and just keep my 1070, just seemed a good way to benefit from it for myself too ;)

Associate
5700XT for performance, 2060S for the extra features at that price range may give you slightly better longevity too depending on how things pan out

either is a good option I wouldn't over analyse it, both will be obsolete in 5months but if its not your money then its not your problem :cool:

Soldato
I know ;) but needs to be within reason

Disregarding future releases etc, is the first reply a good place to be looking? 2060 super?
The 2060S isn't bad, but the RX 5700XT is notably faster for the same money. Though if it's for work purposes then I don't know if you'll need CUDA or not.

Soldato
OP
5700XT for performance, 2060S for the extra features at that price range may give you slightly better longevity too depending on how things pan out

either is a good option I wouldn't over analyse it, both will be obsolete in 5months but if its not your money then its not your problem :cool:

That's my thought. I was going to flog my old parts probably for roughly £100, add in a 1070, monitor keyboard and mouse and I'd say it's all essentially a straight swap. Just hoping my old system built back up will be good enough for our OneCNC package.

It's only myself that's going to be using it too.

Soldato
OP
The 2060S isn't bad, but the RX 5700XT is notably faster for the same money. Though if it's for work purposes then I don't know if you'll need CUDA or not.

This card is for me, I'd be giving work my 1070 and old build as a swap of sorts.

Will need a basic but decent hdd and copy of windows too.

Just weighing up if it's a good deal from their perspective or not. It's pretty fair I'd say. And I imagine my 2500k OC'd will hold up fine for this one program

Back
Top Bottom