Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [4th - 6th July 2020]

Soldato
VAR needs to do one. I don’t care if things go against us in future if VAR isn’t there to correct it. It just kills celebrations and the flow and is just not even applied correctly.

Don
OP
De Gea I think is just a confidence thing.
It's been 2 years now. At what point do you stop putting down to a blip or a confidence thing?
Don't they also commit tactical fouls to prevent counter attacks?
Yes. I'm not sure what that has to do with my earlier post though. I was replying to Shami's post about the controversy around the amount of pens Utd have been given this season.
Always thought Liverpool were the kings of that.
Top of the fairplay league I think you'll find. Dirty Arsenal are bottom of it.

Soldato
It's been 2 years now. At what point do you stop putting down to a blip or a confidence thing?

Yes. I'm not sure what that has to do with my earlier post though. I was replying to Shami's post about the controversy around the amount of pens Utd have been given this season.

Top of the fairplay league I think you'll find. Dirty Arsenal are bottom of it.

My point was that refereeing is not just in favour of Utd. If that's the point you were making. Surely all the pens are VAR reviewed anyway. Unlike the tactical fouls.

Don
OP
My point was that refereeing is not just in favour of Utd. If that's the point you were making. Surely all the pens are VAR reviewed anyway. Unlike the tactical fouls.
I'm not sure if Ciy are getting away with a disproportionate number of fouls. Utd are certainly receiving a disproportionaite number of penalties compared to other sides though. As for VAR, it depends on what the onfield decision was. I mentioned the penalty appeal Liverpool had vs Palace the other week, it was a very similar handball to the one Utd got today - the onfield decision was no penalty and VAR will only overturn if it's a massive mistake. That said, Utd have had the most subjective overturns by VAR too, including getting a pen vs Norwich that the PGMOL later admitted was the wrong decision.

Man of Honour
Thoroughly enjoyable game, save for a bit of dodgy defending on Maguire's part.

Everyone played exceptionally well in midfield and attack, some great goals too. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom