What have you done to your car today?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Seems par for the course for a taxi driver.
Lolz. To be fair she only ever got the licence and then we moved away.

Battery was totally drained during the tow so will find out on Monday whether it’s totally FUBAR’d or not..

Permabanned
When ever I see spacers, it’s like someone holding up a cross to a vampire.
Im amazed how much Grip and Cornering I gained cause of them. Doing same corners 15mph faster. Did some 140mph pulls they good. If all goes good Will have full Donington Track day in August to get some proper trashing done in Z.
Im hoovering around 14mpg AVG atm so Image how it's getting driven when rest of Z owners claim 22-25mpg avg.

Permabanned
^^I get that same sense when I see a grown man in kids pyjamas.
Everyone that knows me Knows Its My tailored custom made normal daily clothes from new zeland. Cost loads made from High tech material designed for extreme use like MMA Crosscountry running Tough mudder ECT. Takes 3 months to get one. Deffo nobody could guess its few houndred quit of clothes on me. When Things get serious and I' beed to destroy competition its the SRS gear time.
N?ot many people I know jog 5000km a year for fun. Or at Lest used to.
31531530_2162633217085854_5926675996529917952_o.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Anyone know if a possibly dodgy ground wire elsewhere in the engine wiring harness can kick up problems with the electronic throttle? :/

Dodgy grounds will play havoc, particularly something like electronic throttle as they use an inverse position sensor system and both sensors must track each other correctly

With the throttle fully open one will read circa 4.75V the other will read 0.25V, at half throttle they will both read 2.5V or thereabouts.

A bad ground could introduce an offset to one or both sensors meaning they don't track each other correctly.

Associate
been a busy one today, been sorting out a few niggles with the newly built engine, slight water leak fixed and its done its first 20 miles or so. im looking to do at least 500 miles for the run in before it gets full send.

Also got round to fitting the spare alloys i purchased awhile ago, wrapped in PS3's

c0ECv8T.jpg

xSyASiE.jpg

Soldato
This was a huge flaw in the old generation s-class. So easy to do as the boot could be unlocked separately to the car on a separate button. Got me into trouble miles from home once and had to be flatbedded home :p
In what car? :p
Its a GMC Yukon XL

Was in the boot wiring in the reverse camera and had it doing its whole remote start thing to kick off the AC as the temps are reaching 50c here (60c in the car port I have). Problem is that the remote start auto turns off the car after 10mins.

No problem I thought, I'll just remote start again right?

Problem is remote starting requires a confirmation lock on the fob before starting the car and I completely forgot this. So when I jumped out of the boot I auto closed the boot and had that horrible feeling of dread mixed with about 20litres of sweat pour over my body when I realised the keys were still in the boot. It was all slo mo movie stuff as I jumped toward the rear tailgate hoping it would somehow allow my fat well lubed fingers a way in.

But no :( tried every trick (wooden wedge + metal hangers, tongs etc. Nothing worked and my hands have all sorts of cuts and bruises.

Had to get a guy out to 'pump' open the door and flick the lock. £35 lighter thanks to that blunder! I think the door is also a bit tweaked as I got a lot of wind noise on the way to the beach. Tried to manually bend it back and seems to be OK for now. Ish

Caporegime
If its not a stupid question, why not put the head unit where the head unit goes, and have the stock storage cubby up there?

Would look much tidier.

I guess it's easier to see up there for satnav duties etc though!

Soldato
If its not a stupid question, why not put the head unit where the head unit goes, and have the stock storage cubby up there?

Would look much tidier.

I guess it's easier to see up there for satnav duties etc though!

has cubby hole where the headunit should be :p, and as you say its better view up there, just need to gaze across, instead of down away from the road

Back
Top Bottom