What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Took mine in for a service and got this to use:

CB1000R with all the bells and whistles on it apparently.

It's alright - has plenty of grunt, but feels a bit gutless in the upper revs, and really struggled getting it to top out (private road etc etc). The blipper is ace though, I really want one on my RS now :D

Soldato
Flushed the front brake fluid this morning...

y4mLYJJnGLB1PZPZrm0JaofGouKWpRGtyFkol-a97NahFwO08hsfRK6qJGpaDhj0XV1dNAPZWiXpatlf6D1pk1XKRRRTOMoOSm_1JaGjmsyBjXbu0eKWo7o8WSZ_2Ee2jeOQ46HKmrm05Xz4ARpux4f7A7BAq09yCi2LgE3AEEWhwYkwAKyvGQSumW2wP-xvZLH47tf9Vy7mX-qBrjSLELHdA

...yummy! Glad I did, hopefully the level will have more feel and bite. Clutch fluid looks to be a similar colour but I'm not sure where the bleeder is for it so I'll have to find that out before I start messing with it, I suspect it's under the fairing.

Soldato
@Scort that's a very nice one bud, kind of looks Ducati Monster like

Thankfully I got to give it back :D

Took it out for a thrash last Friday, and its faults soon started to raise their heads - nothing major, but the handling became quite twitchy when pushed; almost skittish (sure tweaking the settings would dial that out though). The shift assist was also a bit pants up the box, very jerky at times - but the blipper was ace.

Would I buy one? Hell no.

Soldato
Thankfully I got to give it back :D

Took it out for a thrash last Friday, and its faults soon started to raise their heads - nothing major, but the handling became quite twitchy when pushed; almost skittish (sure tweaking the settings would dial that out though). The shift assist was also a bit pants up the box, very jerky at times - but the blipper was ace.

Would I buy one? Hell no.

:p you was glad to give it back then... Not rode a bike with a blipper on, bet its great... What bike have you got?

Soldato
Took mine in for a service and got this to use:

CB1000R with all the bells and whistles on it apparently.

It's alright - has plenty of grunt, but feels a bit gutless in the upper revs, and really struggled getting it to top out (private road etc etc). The blipper is ace though, I really want one on my RS now :D
Looks like someone used a wire brush and sand paper to clean that exhaust in the third picture :D

Soldato
So I got bored and had a browse about on knock-off websites a while back and decided to buy an exhaust muffler/can/backbox/whatever and a link pipe (due to type of fittings needed). Today I had all the bits I needed arrive and so decided to fit them and see just how awful / loud a cheap Chinese can would be.

I bought the bike with the Scorpion on it and it got dented in the storms in Feb this year so it's not looking it's best and when I looked up genuine replacements it'll cost £300+ so for under £50 (can + link pipe) and a bit of fun I figured I'd try out the China route. Naturally the tolerances in the dimensions of the China stuff is way off but overall the quality seems to be surprisingly good. I got a 310mm (instead of 370mm) exhaust which, in hindsight is too short as I'm not able to mount it fully on the link pipe and with the hanger on it (hanger would sit over the rivet rib bit and it just doesn't fit on there) which means that I can't use the spring holder things on it and the link pipe. Link pipe is also a bit too snug on the Suzuki original pipe.

I did some pics and a video of it on the bike. I actually filmed the China special first and then the Scorpion...I'll leave the Scorpion on for now but might fit the special again for some fun and to see how loud it is when riding at a later date.

Couple of pics:

Obviously if I leave this on I am NOT fitting the sticker!
y4mtR1h8CahqXavt0Zq_0WpEsMCJALKs3SdfXojhZvYSoSU0UOatoZLNS1YV5-ef95UX9KU-dQQJmIPNohlAEAVvEMJenTsEnUalIDH_MlYfjyq9cGJndFW_ezW0AwnCLp6qCpRB54HfbnsumLn8_tTewo0yx_k1VYjvDdl8hif3AE5RxZnUFd6wWQQGUv7ZQZlr6kVbrHWh67D_38H86dAtw

y4mHG0yghWeuYwEY8Z1QdH89qyjEfihqaP58e1ZD57VAXNfjdGnw1fe2IBVXcRPi9yXJPi7lHr7YvMjLtEnZT5nHIctVGCYc76YQUjF2qiuVp__2zJXiOkWRg3P_iyjsV-JQeVfpWoW0mqfBIhqQl0Z5Syhe8qlbIQy8Tkq8FTsF071lPDFFRjYXonn6gHbcX8KF_pdhTIEJ_cMhU2VNOOsMQ

y4m_Vndm-RZOXb9i7CvvSfDQftZ2TXi4Wnp92V6F6az_2ZoDEH-MEMpvuM9t-vKykjJGkyuxZaoreYGbLwCN4UzaI9uHlt0feEQQPeqyKL11vYBDHsScgq8aSEh7OSh4i6bWMXfr5nSrFDgk6qGI7BMRXRRAXdIz35UGUxrAFSedCGbrcvy1tWLoMiR4S57ugDFTBa5L0hF6xeb-ZaKnhyaUQ

Video of sound difference (it is louder):

Associate
I've used cheap Chinese cans on several of my commuters, including my current MT-09- £180 for a full system. After a crash last year, I ordered a replacement stainless can, and it's great, for £20!

They're fine. Excellent even.

Man of Honour
I had one fitted to my SV as I wanted to see what a shorter exhaust sounded like (it was definitely hooligan territory on the overrun :D), they definitely aren't light weight but feel like they could quite happily survive a bomb blast. For £20-30 you can't complain.

Back
Top Bottom