Valorant

Associate
I think elo is just fluctuating wildly at the moment due to it being new. For example I got placed into gold 2, lost my next game and was demoted to gold 1. Over the next ~15 games I had around 18 up arrows and 3-4 down (very scientific, wish they would just show elo directly) before I eventually got re-promoted. I assume the boundaries for each rank are changing quite rapidly.

Caporegime
the game is okay but I feel it's just a inferior version of csgo with "powers" and abilities.

team composition matters a lot. like if you have a slayer playing reyna with a support playing sage then defensive minded players using smokes and nades to hold back any rushes. decent awp'ers using jett can be quite powerful.

if you have randoms using whoever they like it doesn't work. which is why i prefer cs:go. you won't just get overpowered by 3 abilities on a push with no chance to deal damage if you are on your own holding a site or angle with nooby team mates.

i never liked fortnite either so i'm not really one for abilities in games the only game i enjoyed like that was destiny 1 but they took it too far in destiny 2 and detracted from skill as such with constant nerfs to snipers and secondaries.

the fact a lot of kids are playing this sort of proves my point. kids are enjoying this more than cs because cs is more skill based. you can't just use an ability or rocket launcher someone for a free kill.

the game is okay but I feel it's just a inferior version of csgo with "powers" and abilities.

team composition matters a lot. like if you have a slayer playing reyna with a support playing sage then defensive minded players using smokes and nades to hold back any rushes. decent awp'ers using jett can be quite powerful.

if you have randoms using whoever they like it doesn't work. which is why i prefer cs:go. you won't just get overpowered by 3 abilities on a push with no chance to deal damage if you are on your own holding a site or angle with nooby team mates.

i never liked fortnite either so i'm not really one for abilities in games the only game i enjoyed like that was destiny 1 but they took it too far in destiny 2 and detracted from skill as such with constant nerfs to snipers and secondaries.

the fact a lot of kids are playing this sort of proves my point. kids are enjoying this more than cs because cs is more skill based. you can't just use an ability or rocket launcher someone for a free kill.

Csgo hitboxes aren't a patch on this, properly good on this game in my experience, the abilities don't overwhelm the core gameplay but that's just my opinion.

Soldato
Am I missing a ping or country filter somewhere as constantly getting crap pingers from SA and other laggy nations with 200 to 300ms pings in competitive its getting really nippy.

Soldato
Honestly getting really miffed with the total ***** I keep encountering in competitive just been demoted as lost 13 - 1 the only round we won was because I killed the last 4 myself. I'm not amazing but the total morons in this game are unreal all rushing in and dying instead of defending and then camp when were attacking its unreal. No one talks or communicates its a game that needs coms for flip sake.

Soldato
Any competitive shooter will have these issues - there are people that try and put their all into games every time. They might not be the best ever, but they never stop trying, There are people who give it some for a few rounds, flake out, and blame everyone else for loosing, there are people that are there just to wind you up as they are tilted.

Roll with it - don't let it affect you, and on to the next one. Play your best, you've done your job.

I'm in my 40's now and play Valorant with my 12 year old son - We both have a laugh, play to the best of our abilities and go from there.

I said something in game chat tonight as my son had a superb 1 v 3 clutch.....Think I said "nice one son, well played" - one of the other players caught this and was like " is he really your son??" - I was like yes. He started freaking out that I shouldn't be playing games in my 40's!!! HAHA - Silly sod was happy when we won 13-10 and I was top of our team. He actually apologised at the end of the game for being stupid about it!! Was very funny but very satisfying.

Soldato
I installed this some time back, but it wouldn't let me play... even though I thought I'd watch a streamer like it asked... anyway, I tried it again a couple of days ago and it let me in, so have played a few games and quite enjoy it. I assume I'm getting thrown in with other complete n00bs, as in my second game I went 29-10 and we totally wiped the opposition away. I got a few mates on last night and played a couple and won them both heavily too. It's a long time since I played CS (obviously there are some similarities in the game) but I don't think we had Discord and such when I last played, so playing something like this with two mates in voice comms feels like we have quite an advantage.

One mate wont install it due to kernel level control for the anti cheat? Riot is owned by Tencent, so he doesn't trust it. Is there anything to this?

I've just seen there's a Valorant channel on the OCUK Discord, so I might ask in there if anyone wants to team, next time I go on. Definitely better with good comms.

Soldato
To me it seems to have an issue with leavers. Most games I've played seem to have had at least one and nothing is done to replace leavers. I've now played two rated games, hoping it would be better, but the second had a leaver too... :(

Associate
Man, i'd love to play this more but i'm not great at it and my one friend who will play it is vastly worse than me. I also really didn't expect to actually like the game.

Soldato
Bored of leavers now - game is plagued with leavers.

People that just chuck it after 3 or 4 rounds etc - last 3 games, 3 leavers (2 on our team, one on opponents team)

Literally can't win 4 v 5 (maybe 1 in 10 games you might if your lucky). Totally ruining it for me

Soldato
Agreed. As I've not left, I don't know what the penalty is, but you can only assume it's not big enough. The annoying thing, we went 0-4 down, some guy clearly rage quit. We only lost something like 13-7 in the end. With all 5 players, we'd probably have won.

Maybe we just need to do better at grouping up?

I'm Bronze 3 ( :( ) and feel like I can climb into Silver with some good teams.

Caporegime
Well, me personally, I am big lover of shooter games, it is my passion. From young age I have used to play with my friends in CS go, it is really great, it was a kind of competition. Now I found Valorant, it is a very good game where me and my friends can feel ourselves back in childhood. We use also valorant boosting to improve our accounts, the guys provide very professional service. I think soon Valorant will be very popular and we will see it in top shooter games charts.

LMAO, nice try.

Soldato
Agreed. As I've not left, I don't know what the penalty is, but you can only assume it's not big enough. The annoying thing, we went 0-4 down, some guy clearly rage quit. We only lost something like 13-7 in the end. With all 5 players, we'd probably have won.

Maybe we just need to do better at grouping up?

I'm Bronze 3 ( :( ) and feel like I can climb into Silver with some good teams.

I added you in game - I'm bronze/silver at the moment - play with my son who's silver as well (got his first ace last night). Happy to play some time - mainly on about 7.30pm most nights

Soldato
@AndyCr15 well the other night when the servers went down, it thought I had left the game and gave me an hour ban... (and that would have been the first)

So hopefully the length of ban grows with the more games you leave, similarly to LoL

Soldato
another game - another leaver in comp - just surrendered at 8-1 down. Our leaver Sage, 0-8 when she left.....

Need seriously longer penalties - tough if internet crashes etc

Back
Top Bottom