Car Youtubers and dangerous driving

Soldato
DMO tends to blur road/navigation signs out in his videos these days. Most (if not all) YouTubers tend to not capture the speedometer in fear of being prosecuted.

The riskiest car content I've seen posted up is on here: https://www.instagram.com/gap4days

Be prepared to have your blood boil. Lots of clips from different countries but there's a lot of UK based clips there too of people 'gapping' (undertaking/overtaking/speeding on the motorway/dual carriage ways to squeeze into gaps between other cars).

EDIT: You will need an Instagram account in case you want to watch any of the videos linked. Apologies for those who don't have one.
You're right, my blood did boil :mad: idiots!

Associate
Some these car review guys on YouTube, tend to drive a little to dangerously. Lee Lockwood, OG both annoy me. I use to like FYD but his videos mostly turned into long videos for advertising his t-shirts. These channels seem to aimed at the younger audience. Jayem is probably the only one I tend to watch now, seems to genuinely review the cars and drives them with respect. Maybe I am just getting old.
There are few I don’t mind watched from across the pond. I like the smoking tyre and roads untraveled.

Associate
That was sending me to sleep.

If you want a good autobahn car channel, look no further than AutotopNL or Automann-tv.

To the AutoTop surrogate: Yes, there is AutoTopNL, and Automann-TV, and Cars on Autobahn, and all these other channels by the same guys that are all the same. All you'll see of the featured car is the windshield and the guys also appear to be mutes - at least they never say anything.

Lots of people like these videos, but these aren't car spotting or car review videos. It's a different genre.

Soldato
To the AutoTop surrogate: Yes, there is AutoTopNL, and Automann-TV, and Cars on Autobahn, and all these other channels by the same guys that are all the same. All you'll see of the featured car is the windshield and the guys also appear to be mutes - at least they never say anything.

Lots of people like these videos, but these aren't car spotting or car review videos. It's a different genre.

They have plenty of car reviews etc on the channel. You must be mistaken or is Cars on Autobahn your channel?

Associate
ITT People have never heard of green screens and audio overlaying via editing. Scene recreation is also a thing believe it or not. If it was so "obvious" they were speeding on public roads, surely they would have been prosecuted by now.

Associate
They have plenty of car reviews etc on the channel. You must be mistaken or is Cars on Autobahn your channel?

You are right. They have lately started to open their mouths and attempted some car reviews. But most of their videos are like I described.

Again, I am not dissing their channel - as I said, lots of people like their videos. People simply have different tastes.

But I do find it a bit lame that you have to come in here with your 10-year-old million-subscriber channel to beat up on some young underdog. It's petty. It's David versus Goliath, and you're with Goliath.

You don't see TopGear trolling message boards and dissing AutoTop either. That's because they're better than that. They don't care about AutoTop. But I have seen this behavior by AutoTop surrogates quite a bit.

And no, Cars on Autobahn is not my channel - it's part of the AutoTop franchise. Another franchise channel would be TopSpeedGermany, for example. It's all the same stuff. It's blatantly obvious.

Man of Honour
ITT People have never heard of green screens and audio overlaying via editing. Scene recreation is also a thing believe it or not. If it was so "obvious" they were speeding on public roads, surely they would have been prosecuted by now.
Are you living in another world? YouTubers are not recreating scenes and green screening alternate backgrounds into car review videos.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Amazing.

Associate

Seriously, what are you on about? Have you watched any of the videos / actually read what you have just typed?

Soldato
You are right. They have lately started to open their mouths and attempted some car reviews. But most of their videos are like I described.

Again, I am not dissing their channel - as I said, lots of people like their videos. People simply have different tastes.

But I do find it a bit lame that you have to come in here with your 10-year-old million-subscriber channel to beat up on some young underdog. It's petty. It's David versus Goliath, and you're with Goliath.

You don't see TopGear trolling message boards and dissing AutoTop either. That's because they're better than that. They don't care about AutoTop. But I have seen this behavior by AutoTop surrogates quite a bit.

And no, Cars on Autobahn is not my channel - it's part of the AutoTop franchise. Another franchise channel would be TopSpeedGermany, for example. It's all the same stuff. It's blatantly obvious.

Someone needs to get a grip I think. Don’t know what your agenda is so I suggest we close this little discussion.

Associate
Seriously, what are you on about? Have you watched any of the videos / actually read what you have just typed?

I know someone who edits for a popular UK based channel. Yes I watch the videos. I bet you think fast and the furious chase scenes are real too since green screens and editing aren't a thing apparently.

Soldato
Behave, whether it's theoretically possible or not, you're not going to convince anyone here that these guys are all on private roads and green screening in normal public roads (to what end? if you have private test track why hide it?) rather than just driving stupidly on public roads.

Back
Top Bottom