**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Caporegime
The recent weather updates and the MeteoBlue partnership series video are really eye opening as to how spectacular this game is going to be.

It's the first time I've seen lightning portrayed in the alpha too.

Associate
Yep and I suspect we will all be flying into those Thunderstorms / Hurricane zones just to see "Could I survive" :)

It really is mind blowing the lengths they are going to.

Soldato
Anyone on the alpha - how the heck do you share feedback?

I go to the forums and all I see is "public forum coming soon" but I don't have any access to internal forums (and yes, idiot check, I'm logged in). Can't find a way to contact anyone about it either, no option to pm admins and the "contact us" section just refers you back to the main URL.

EDIT - found a link to zen desk and somehow the act of sending them an email and logging into the zendesk ticket activated the forum access… go figure.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've just applied for access to the alpha scheme via the website, which itself was a bit of a mission due to the insider login link being really flaky.

I think in the end I had to make sure I was logged out of my MS account on the whole PC then click the insider login link again.

Anyway let's see if I get access, though I gather the success ratio isn't that high?

I'm currently on a 4690K with a GTX970 so would be on low settings, but I more want to try the game to see if it's worth spooging £1k on an 8 core, 32GB RAM, and a 3080 / 6800XT.

Associate
i signed up quite a while ago and no notifications for me.
I suspect I will gain access on day of release and not a minute before :)

Associate
I appreciate this to some extent however MS did state they were prioritising early sign-ups to some degree in their invite plans, plus I have a spec very similar to may others already accepted. I know it's a lottery but I never seem to win the ones I want, woe is me ;)

Caporegime
I appreciate this to some extent however MS did state they were prioritising early sign-ups to some degree in their invite plans, plus I have a spec very similar to may others already accepted. I know it's a lottery but I never seem to win the ones I want, woe is me ;)
Life is a harsh mistress. I suppose they have quotas for each type of configuration and maximums for each wave of invites, and some of it is just luck.

I also heard that they have an algorithm that trawls the web to automatically exclude the biggest whiners :p.

Anyway apparently they're announcing the beta date 9th July. I really can't wait for this game now :/.

Soldato
I've just applied for access to the alpha scheme via the website, which itself was a bit of a mission due to the insider login link being really flaky.

I think in the end I had to make sure I was logged out of my MS account on the whole PC then click the insider login link again.

Anyway let's see if I get access, though I gather the success ratio isn't that high?

I'm currently on a 4690K with a GTX970 so would be on low settings, but I more want to try the game to see if it's worth spooging £1k on an 8 core, 32GB RAM, and a 3080 / 6800XT.

It’s a complete nightmare – I’ve tried to apply multiple times and still haven’t succeeded. I have tried logging out of my Microsoft account, and then click on the link, but then it takes me to a page not found. :(

For such an impressive game, their website is pants! :p

Associate
I could not work out how to apply as it always failed (usingChrome).
Tried with edge and worked first time so for anythinhg MSFS related i always use Edge now.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Wow that looks flash, but three projectors is going to make the room very hot so you would need some good air conditioning.

Back
Top Bottom