Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Soldato
So i paid for premium faceit, thinking people would talk, play properly, not AFK and generally it be a....."premium" experience.

In the past 2 weeks ive experienced mostly Russian talking premades who report you if you don't talk Russian. Also i've had 3 cheaters banned in the past week and they are just the ones i bothered reporting.

In short if you are thinking of playing on FACEIT then just do the free version, i honestly thought the paywall would deter people from messing around but it doesnt.

idMqABU.jpg

Soldato
I installed CS:GO last night and I cannot get it to run. On start up it just black screens, no sound, and when I click on the screen it crashes.

I’ve followed various advice I found online, adding -autoconfig -windowed/deleting the .exe and running verify files plus whatever I can find, but nothing works.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Associate
Anybody else's RTSS not working anymore since the latest update? Apparently its much stricter on third party programs hooking in. I use RTSS to limit my frame rate for G-sync, nVidia's control panel frame rate limiter doesn't work either

Soldato
Anybody else's RTSS not working anymore since the latest update? Apparently its much stricter on third party programs hooking in. I use RTSS to limit my frame rate for G-sync, nVidia's control panel frame rate limiter doesn't work either
No idea why you would even run Gsync or limit the FPS in CSGO, always best to get as much frames as possible.

Also try fps_max (number of frames)

Associate
No idea why you would even run Gsync or limit the FPS in CSGO, always best to get as much frames as possible.

Also try fps_max (number of frames)

That did it thank you.

I find G-sync to be just as smooth and responsive as crazy high frames if not smoother.
I've run 120hz ULMB, Fixed refresh unlocked fps, and G-sync felt the best with the frame lock 3 frames under your hz range trick (y)

Associate
Just go on from a month break. I'm pretty sure the cheaters have gone up 10 fold in MM

Playing at a GE level. I maybe reported someone every 5 games or so before.

Now, it flipped, maybe 1 in 5 games are cheat free.

IDK maybe just a bit of back luck, anyone else notice?

Associate
Just go on from a month break. I'm pretty sure the cheaters have gone up 10 fold in MM

Playing at a GE level. I maybe reported someone every 5 games or so before.

Now, it flipped, maybe 1 in 5 games are cheat free.

seems pretty bad yeah, normally one player who stands out as either hacking or smurfing

Soldato
Tried loading CSGO this morning to have an issue with VAC when trying to connect to a game so I tried validating the game files and have an issue reaching content servers. Seems to be many people on the steam discussions with this, anyone else here having this issue?

Associate
I can't find CS Go on the Steam store??? I played the original and source, got a new PC and would like to play CS Go, whats the deal?

Found it when I googled it, strange
If you get the CSGO steam store URL from google and post it in steam chat to someone. It will open in the steam client for you when you click on it.

Associate
I’ve never been great at any of the CS games but I’ve played on and off since 1.5, ha!

I’m perpetually at Silver 4 but I only get the chance to play three or four games a week.

I find the teams I’m matched against are either awful or amazing.

Sometimes I’m playing against teams with proper set smokes, timings and tactics which are good to learn from but to the level where my team only gets 3 rounds on the board.

The matching system doesn’t seem to be able to average it out for me, which probably isn’t helped as I don’t play often, but it’s kinda demoralising when the top players on the enemy team are pushing 30 kills every other game and I’m managing 8 xD

Associate
Recently back to pc gaming from 13 years or so away from it that was the last time I played counter strike source. I’ve put probably 20 hours into cs go so far I’m enjoying it. It’s kind of coming back to me just need to tweak aim slightly. I see people still use stretch resolutions even on high end systems I tried it for a few games and my eyes hurt lol so switched back to 1080 res .

Is there a popular server people use a go to? I usually go on the aim servers at the moment for pistols and ak / m4

Soldato
Played this earlier first go at a shooter with keyboard and mouse was an interesting experience haha. Did manage to kill a few people which surprised me!

Good to hear new people still around, if you need more people in lobby just post your steam URL ie. the actual page link while on your profile or theres a list of people here though the majority are not actively playing.
I only play anubis and any other new map now, MM shouldn't be taken any more seriously then deathmatch. Best luck I find is with custom faceit hub where its a regular set of players or literally the entire 10 arrange even self host a private game hence why I add everyone who might play and might occasionally ask you want to join since its often 8 needing another 2 etc.

Soldato
booted this up for the first time in a year. i miss this game.

did bad in my first game so only ranked in at GN1 and then hit a 32 in my next game but still lost.

both games there was zero English communication which didn't help

Back
Top Bottom