fake airpod gen2? *** Can someone with AirPods 2 help please ***

Associate
post office guy gives it to me to have a look because its no longer working.

I've checked the serial no. on apple warranty site and says "We’re sorry, but this serial number isn’t valid" The writing looks odd too, especially the word "Apple"

uyTBPGu.jpg

uyTBPGu.jpg

qGftZUl.jpg

Commissario
The lettering on my original AirPods looks different to that and what I've got ties up with this page.

This is the one behind the right AirPod.

IpQQVCS.png

And here's what it looks like behind the left AirPod.

wKNn03z.png

Totally different to what you've got although it may have changed for the AirPods 2. My serial number checks out on the Apple site though.

Commissario
Right, the model number on the one you have is for the wireless charging case.

It should look like this

xWGjkOW.jpeg

I hope someone with AirPods 2 can confirm this but it does look dodgy to me.

Soldato
Yeah I bought “replicas” off the bay without realising. But the guy was good and got a full refund once I sent them back as I said I was looking for originals.

Commissario
Well, @metachi, I tried to get someone in here who's got them but even editing the subject didn't help. A lot of people have posted saying they have these, it's a shame nobody stepped in to have a look for you to absolutely confirm it.

Associate
OP
Well, @metachi, I tried to get someone in here who's got them but even editing the subject didn't help. A lot of people have posted saying they have these, it's a shame nobody stepped in to have a look for you to absolutely confirm it.

no problem. i think these are fake anyway. the serial no. should work on apple site and the fonts look crap to me.

Soldato
Serial isn’t legit. Font is off (but not terrible, I’ve seen worse)
Also the cut out for the button, and the hinge are far lower quality

Soldato
I really don't understand why ebay / amazon (for third party sellers) haven't been hit with a massive fine.

You only have to search for say "hugo boss tshirt" to find literally thousands of fakes.

Soldato
Here's the lettering from my Wireless AirPods if it helps :)

They do look very different to the OP so likely are fake...

My serial number checks out on Apple's SN checker, so mine are definitely legit :p

MtZ5tqO.jpg.png

Associate
This thread had me quite worried, I have some iPod Pros and the writing and layout is very similar to the OP's pictures but my SN does checkout OK with Apple. Only thing significantly different is I don't have the Apple bit in the left hand side.

Back
Top Bottom