What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
Nice thanks

How does it compare to Pavlov? That's one I was looking in to getting.

Hows the player base? Does one buy on Oculus store, or Steam? Both on offer any reason to go either or?

Soldato
Best in class FPS, nothing touches it graphically or in build quality of the maps and models.

There's an average of around 50 showing in steam players around any time of day, not counting oculus and quest users. In short you'll never not get a game.

https://contractors.mod.io/ For maps and mods.

Soldato
Excellent!

So is there any reason to buy on oculus vs steam or vice versa? Currently cheaper on the oculus store? Player base count across all platforms? Any performance issues going with steam over oculus store?

Soldato
Just set up my Rift S last night. I think my first stop will be Alyx, any recommendations appreciated!

After a good Horror game? Maybe a racing game, thinking either Pcars2 or dirt 2.0 for that.

Boneworks and lone echo are ones I'll get later after Alyx, higher priced etc.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1171399169574498/

Not a game as such just walking through a haunted house. I found it totally brown trousers. Lots of jump scare and dread.

Wilson's Heart was pretty good as well and had a few jump scares.

Soldato
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1171399169574498/

Not a game as such just walking through a haunted house. I found it totally brown trousers. Lots of jump scare and dread.

Wilson's Heart was pretty good as well and had a few jump scares.

The Forest makes the hair raise on my neck and gives me that proper feeling of fear when the forest's inhabitants come calling. It's a survival game and the VR support is a bit janky, but you can play with regular gamers too.

Alien Isolation with the Muthr VR mod is probably the scariest VR game, but it doesn't have motion controller support (use gamepad or controllers as a gamepad).

Associate
Nice thanks

How does it compare to Pavlov? That's one I was looking in to getting.

Hows the player base? Does one buy on Oculus store, or Steam? Both on offer any reason to go either or?
Pavlov has a higher player count due to the popularity of modded games modes like TTT and Zombies, you take all those half full servers away and the player base wouldn’t be much higher than Contractors. Also when comparing Pavlov and Contractors player counts on steam, it doesn’t take into consideration the players playing on Oculus Home or the Quest.

Pavlov has faster gameplay, but the TTK is very high and feels off, there’s some really good modded maps on the steam workshop too

Contractors is easily my favourite VRFPS, the TTK feels perfect, and while the gameplay isn’t as fast as Pavlov, it’s quicker than Onward, it sits nicely in the middle of those, there’s some really good modded maps now, and I like Pavlov Shack on the Quest, Contractors when it comes to the Quest will be Quest-PCVR crossplay which will be a big boost to the player pool.

I prefer Contractors, but Pavlov is a still a good game

Soldato
Tried Contractors last night. My first online game on Rift S and really enjoyed it! Suck at the moment but got a few kills in. Just need to get used to the weapons maps and reloading of each type etc.

Really intense at times

OcUK Staff
The real thanks goes to @NikTheSHNIK for suggesting it and arranging prizes. I just kept the tables updated with the score :)

Kind of surprised that there hasn't been more events like that for forum members, especially in VR as it's very sociable.

If any forum members want to organise more things like this I'll be happy to support with prizes!

I just struggle to find the time myself nowadays!

Associate
THe official contractors page talks about single player/multi player. Is there actually a single player campaign mode ?

Nope, there's offline "Free-Roam" where you can slap some bots in to blast but other than that there is no story mode!

Cracking game online though...since the recent update though I can't get kills to save my life.

Soldato
90% done with building my new flight/racing rig (well 90% done with stage 1 anyway!) so I’ve really been enjoying getting back into playing some sim games.

In the steam sale I picked up RaceFactor 2, and AMS2 which has a great VR implementation. I also picked up IL2 BoB in their own sale, which seems to have a nicely optimised VR experience (unfortunately you do still need to use a keyboard in setup and there are not any touch interactions eg with cockpit etc).

Added a transducer to the rig (a buttkicker mini-CT) and software to pull the telemetry from the games rather than using sound (SimHub for racing and sim shaker wings for IL2)... amazing. Totally transforms the experience and I can’t get enough of it, already thinking about adding a second one. Turning off the transducer feels like the experience is broken now! I can highly recommend one if you are into your VR sims.

Back
Top Bottom