The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Associate
I think we ruffled a few feathers in that regard as the people who joined around the time I did were as much PVP interested as PVE.

Though there were some deficiencies with the old UI overall I prefer it.

Me and a few others left OcUK because of the no PVP rule. We went and started up ourselves. I remember one of the first kills was a Blackbird in Mara. It was one of the only games that ever gave you that rush of a kill. I guess because if the attack went wrong, you'd end up loosing all your own gear instead of the other guy loosing his.

I was in Test until last June and had spent 2 years with them but I got bored. I joined Karmafleet and then the game had lost all of it's excitement. I ended up giving away my main which had about 110m SP to a corp buddy and a few bill in ISK and bits I had stashed away. Sometimes I regret it but other times I feel like I was cut loose from the online world of internet spaceships and could focus more on the real world.

Soldato
*snip screenshot*
Looked at the image and thought wtf is Sajen doing in a Vulture, she has absolutely no gunnery skills!
Then remembered offgrid links :D - much prefer the rebalanced on grid stuff!

It was one of the only games that ever gave you that rush of a kill. I guess because if the attack went wrong, you'd end up loosing all your own gear instead of the other guy loosing his.
I still get the PvP shakes now, even doing tournament fights on the test server my heart is pounding as fights start. lol

Man of Honour
Looked at the image and thought wtf is Sajen doing in a Vulture, she has absolutely no gunnery skills!
Then remembered offgrid links :D - much prefer the rebalanced on grid stuff!

That was when you could run links inside a POS FF as well :s

I agree that links needed reworking but didn't like the direction they took with them - like many other changes they suddenly decide X is bad and anyone involved with X is bad and wrong and all changes are based around the worst case use of such as if that is the only dimension to it.

I still get the PvP shakes now, even doing tournament fights on the test server my heart is pounding as fights start. lol

I actually have a screenshot, the reason I took the screenshot actually, of the first fight I stopped getting the jitters and was remembering to overheat, etc.

qL2McIF.png

A good fight would still get my heart rate up like no other game but I never really got the jitters from that fight onwards.

Soldato
That was when you could run links inside a POS FF as well :s

I agree that links needed reworking but didn't like the direction they took with them - like many other changes they suddenly decide X is bad and anyone involved with X is bad and wrong and all changes are based around the worst case use of such as if that is the only dimension to it.

I actually have a screenshot, the reason I took the screenshot actually, of the first fight I stopped getting the jitters and was remembering to overheat, etc.

Ohhh the glorious days of Shadows Lounge haha, cool to see you got a screen and you were in it all the way back then.
Eve will never be like it was for me.

qL2McIF.png

A good fight would still get my heart rate up like no other game but I never really got the jitters from that fight onwards.

Soldato
Fully suspect it to be a cop-out of a war. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong, hopefully Goons will try and destroy the Trading Tower in Perimeter! :D

If a full scale war breaks I think we're just going to try and catch stragglers in the main fleets whilst roaming. Could be fun :)

Commissario
After I stopped playing seriously, I still log on and do a few missions, never got into anything more than that after years in 0.0

Is it wrong that I very rarely complete Damsel. I just keep her and take the standings hit.

I've got three in this station alone!

FwJazuy.png

Man of Honour
I see they are nerfing capitals again :s not that it makes much odds to me as I no longer play but every time I check in on the game it just reinforces my decision not to get into it again.

EDIT: First post I see on quickly skimming the eve forums:

Arrendis
10d
Redoing all my damned work again for the what? 5th month running?

PLEASE DO TIERICIDE QUARTERLY, SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO HAVE A WAR HERE.

LOL.

Back
Top Bottom