Lian-Li PC-011 rig photos?

Soldato
Hi guys, just got my O11D razer edition, unboxed it and cant wait to transfer my build in it.

I just had a question about the Der8auer plaque that everyone seems to have, mine doesnt seem to have one on the case or in the packaging either.

Am I missing something?
It's the razer edition so it wont have the plaque as its been customized by razor and not debauer.

Associate
Thanks @Jay85 and @HoneyBadger, I thought it was a nice touch, but no biggie.

@Jay85 Liking your setup with the bottom rad.

Thanks for posting the pics; as Ive got the Phanteks vertical gpu mount too and was wondering if a rad would fit, are your fans 25mm? it looks very tight, is the mount touching the back of them at all?

Soldato
Thanks @Jay85 and @HoneyBadger, I thought it was a nice touch, but no biggie.

@Jay85 Liking your setup with the bottom rad.

Thanks for posting the pics; as Ive got the Phanteks vertical gpu mount too and was wondering if a rad would fit, are your fans 25mm? it looks very tight, is the mount touching the back of them at all?

Hi mate, thank you!

Yes they're 25mm standard size fans, the mount literally sits ontop of the fans but doesn't cause any issues. It sits pretty flush, you can't get it any closer than this i swear haha. The only thing i would do with the phanteks mount is to cnc cut some holes into it to allow some airflow through the mount and cool the card. I see some other companies doing this but not Phanteks for some reason unless its because of rigidity issues.

Soldato
Here’s my new Razer build:

841-B3-FEC-7867-4-A52-80-F4-F4960-E363096.jpg

Associate
Amazed at how tidy some of these builds are, particularly impressed with that Corsair RGB wiring Abshenton! The hidden part of my rig is a tangle of wires. Anyway this is my work in progress build. Waiting on some white acrylic paint for the vertical GPU mount and a new 30 series graphics card, preferably with go-faster RGB trimmings :D

IMG-20200613-200502.jpg

How's that running for you on air ?

Tempted to order one of these with a new motherboard and run it on air for a few months until the new ryzen series and GPUs come out then attempt a loop.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Amazed at how tidy some of these builds are, particularly impressed with that Corsair RGB wiring Abshenton! The hidden part of my rig is a tangle of wires. Anyway this is my work in progress build. Waiting on some white acrylic paint for the vertical GPU mount and a new 30 series graphics card, preferably with go-faster RGB trimmings :D

IMG-20200613-200502.jpg
I like it, my next pc j have decided to add some bling and this is the exact colour I want.

Associate
How's that running for you on air ?

Tempted to order one of these with a new motherboard and run it on air for a few months until the new ryzen series and GPUs come out then attempt a loop.

Runs on air great although the arctic esports 34 duo not as effective as my Noctua u14s thats clear. Both fit but the noctua was a bit close to the glass for my liking.

I should add im coming from phanteks evolv which was a furnace so maybe I'm biased but everything is cooler now, gcard especially

Last edited:
Associate
Runs on air great although the arctic esports 34 duo not as effective as my Noctua u14s thats clear. Both fit but the noctua was a bit close to the glass for my liking.

I should add im coming from phanteks evolv which was a furnace so maybe I'm biased but everything is cooler now, gcard especially

My s340 is pretty toasty, I'm not planning on getting the XL so questioning if my quad lumi would fit, worst case I can always use the Wraith for a while.

Associate

I struggled to take pictures with the glass on, it's so reflective and I don't have enough lights! This was a rebuild from a slightly dubious custom case and amazingly I only needed 2 extra 90 degree bends to make it work. I'm very happy with it but a couple of the pipes need trimming by a few mm and I'll replace the Varders at some point.

It's got 2x EK 360 XE radiators push/pull bottom, push top for a total of 9 EK Varders. That keeps it pretty chill. The GPU is a 1080 TI Arctic Storm mini-itx, when I upgrade the GPU it'll be full-sized and I'll have to redesign the whole thing :(

Best case I've ever owned. Functional and beautiful.

Soldato
After spending forever reading reviews of almost every case possible, I am drawn to the 011 Dynamic XL. I'm looking for some advice on how best to transfer my build to this case.

I currently have a Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti, 3700X CPU and X570 Aorus Elite motherboard. I have a Noctua NH-D15 chromax black as the CPU cooler.

I heard the CPU cooler might be a really tight fit. I don't want to risk damaging the glass somehow, so I'm tempted to switch to an AIO cooler. Bonus would be a nicer looking internals.

So I'm thinking I will get:
  • Corsair H115i RGB Platinum / iCUE-RGB / 280mm
  • 6x Corsair QL120 / iCUE-RGB / PWM / 120mm

Does that sound sufficient to cool everything well? Open to suggestions or change of components. I thought I'd stick with Corsair for everything just to make it easier to set up the RGB lighting.

Not sure if I should go with the Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT / 360mm for better cooling, but at the cost of no RGB. Which may or may not be an issue.

Last edited:
Associate

IMG-20200613-200502.jpg

So I've decided to complicate things with a 360mm AIO. Any suggestions on optimal placement based on photo above? That's a 1080ti card so throws off some heat + cooling a 7700k for now.

My first thought is side placement as pull intake which obviously brings warmer air into case but probably will look best hidden away.

Alternatively top exhaust wouldn't look too bad and fills some excess case space, but then 1080ti heat running through it.

Could try top and bottom intake, side exhaust through radiator but doesn't feel optimal.

Anyone had similar experiences? I've seen the vid on YouTube with all different configs, but they had an FE type gcard which obviously dumps hot air outside the case.

Associate
So here is my effort with the XL - Managed to get hold of the front distro board with the D5 pump for the xl. I still have to adjust the top 360 rad runs as they are a little lower
from the rad end, but overall I love working with the XL for water cooling. Future changes will include some pre-bent 90 degree chrome plated brass 14mm tubing.

uUa0XVkh.jpg

g8JemY2h.jpg

Soldato
So I've decided to complicate things with a 360mm AIO. Any suggestions on optimal placement based on photo above? That's a 1080ti card so throws off some heat + cooling a 7700k for now.

My first thought is side placement as pull intake which obviously brings warmer air into case but probably will look best hidden away.

Alternatively top exhaust wouldn't look too bad and fills some excess case space, but then 1080ti heat running through it.

Could try top and bottom intake, side exhaust through radiator but doesn't feel optimal.

Anyone had similar experiences? I've seen the vid on YouTube with all different configs, but they had an FE type gcard which obviously dumps hot air outside the case.

I've just bought this case and will fit 6 intake fans from underneath and the back/side. The 360mm AIO will exhaust from the top. This seems to be the most common and recommended layout from my reading.

Doesn't your 1080ti exhaust directly out the case? I would have thought you wouldn't have that much heat in the case then.

Associate
I've just bought this case and will fit 6 intake fans from underneath and the back/side. The 360mm AIO will exhaust from the top. This seems to be the most common and recommended layout from my reading.

Doesn't your 1080ti exhaust directly out the case? I would have thought you wouldn't have that much heat in the case then.

Well it's an aftermarket job, so imagine air is being thrown out all over the place. From what i understand air tends to leak out the sides of the gcard cooler and in to the case. I was thinking AIO on the side with pull intake, yes the air would be a bit warmer than ambient but the gcard has its own cool air flow coming from underneath.

Who knows how hot the new gcards will get as well!

Soldato
Well it's an aftermarket job, so imagine air is being thrown out all over the place. From what i understand air tends to leak out the sides of the gcard cooler and in to the case. I was thinking AIO on the side with pull intake, yes the air would be a bit warmer than ambient but the gcard has its own cool air flow coming from underneath.

Who knows how hot the new gcards will get as well!

Ah my bad, I couldn't quite see if it was exhausting out the back or not :)

I spent several hours today transferring my PC to the Dynamic XL. I went with 6 fan intakes (bottom and side), with AIO being the exhaust. My 1080Ti dumps all the heat in to the case itself. Temps seem fine so far.

Associate
So here is my effort with the XL - Managed to get hold of the front distro board with the D5 pump for the xl. I still have to adjust the top 360 rad runs as they are a little lower
from the rad end, but overall I love working with the XL for water cooling. Future changes will include some pre-bent 90 degree chrome plated brass 14mm tubing.

uUa0XVkh.jpg

g8JemY2h.jpg
That right there is a spectacular build and .... really expensive I imagine...just the front distro plates are over 300!

Associate
That right there is a spectacular build and .... really expensive I imagine...just the front distro plates are over 300!
Thanks, Sadat & Yep, certainly wasn't cheap, though I built up the parts bit by bit. The front distro wasn't an absolute necessity, however, I just loved the way it worked seamlessly with Lian Li xl

Back
Top Bottom