*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Associate
Looking at giving this a go on pc. Played it a little bjt on console a couple years back before I got my pc but wasn't nice playing with a pad.

Can anyone recommend the cheapest place to get the game with all the expansions I need? Thank you

Soldato
Looking at giving this a go on pc. Played it a little bjt on console a couple years back before I got my pc but wasn't nice playing with a pad.

Can anyone recommend the cheapest place to get the game with all the expansions I need? Thank you

CD keys for £21 has the base game + all the chapters including recent Greymoore released few weeks back: https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-greymoor-pc

Chapters are large piece of content zones, the above should give you 95% of the content in game.

What you will not get are newer in game dungeons which count as DLC. DLC can be brought in game or you can subscribe to the game using ESO+ which gives you the DLC + some additional features. For now, may not need to bother with this element as the above link will have base game + most content anyways as mentioned.

Associate
CD keys for £21 has the base game + all the chapters including recent Greymoore released few weeks back: https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-greymoor-pc

Chapters are large piece of content zones, the above should give you 95% of the content in game.

What you will not get are newer in game dungeons which count as DLC. DLC can be brought in game or you can subscribe to the game using ESO+ which gives you the DLC + some additional features. For now, may not need to bother with this element as the above link will have base game + most content anyways as mentioned.
Appreciate the reply. Will hopefully get it downloaded tomorrow and be on over the weekend

What's the game like for new players? Are other people helpful or can it be a bit toxic?

Soldato
Appreciate the reply. Will hopefully get it downloaded tomorrow and be on over the weekend

What's the game like for new players? Are other people helpful or can it be a bit toxic?

Helpful for most the part. Do get tryhards in some areas like dungeons and PVP, but aside from that pretty great. We got a guild going so feel free to drop your username if you want to join once you created it. Only about 15 people in it, mostly from this forum, but mostly casual. Do dungeons, group together etc and help one another out etc.

Soldato
Didn't realise there was a guild from on here, should have probably looked at the thread a bit more. Not that I play that much.

Relatively newish likely explains it, set up a couple of months ago only. Good banter, multiple rolling off cliffs, stepping in fires and AOE is how we role :p

Feel free to drop your username if you want to join and no doubt someone who sees it can add you.

Associate
Hi, new here. I played ESO on and off for years and there are many great things about the game I love but one thing I would change if I could is the entire class and combat system.

I don't know if anyone agrees but when I first played on launch I thought "I'll start with some sword shield wielding warrior that barely uses any magic" instead whatever you play as you feel very much a spellcaster. Unless you just use weapon abilities of course but then you're massively gimping yourself.

Soldato
I can see where your coming from in that there are still some abilities that look magic like if your a worrier, but I think you do feel different to a spell caster class like a sorcerer in the game.

With that said, in this game, shield wielding is mostly tank specific with some of the abilities geared around that and they do use some magic based abilities. Could try a stamina based build which dual wields / bow combo. Some of the abilities will be magic based, but usually they will be applied to yourself to scale up damage you will apply via weapons rather then chucking damage at enemies.

Associate
Relatively newish likely explains it, set up a couple of months ago only. Good banter, multiple rolling off cliffs, stepping in fires and AOE is how we role :p

Feel free to drop your username if you want to join and no doubt someone who sees it can add you.

Is that the @blah name or character name?

Associate

@Tlindo if the guilds still active. Just started playing last couple of days

Associate
Cheers, loving the world. Never really played much of any of the elder scrolls games seems I've definitely missed out. I'm a complete noob but looking forward to playing more. Level 9 templar at the minute

Luckily, you don't need to have played any of the other games, as Elder Scrolls Online is set a LONG time before the other games. The only thing you will miss out on is some call backs (or should I say call forwards) to lore events/characters you meet in future games -but those are just something to make you smile and say 'I remember that guy from Oblivion!', rather than something you will not understand having not played the other games

Associate
Critically Important query for you Mel, I have used the spoiler tags so I don’t ruin the storyline for anyone.

Kf540h2.jpg.png

I am greatly concerned that this is not the correct one, the word fudge is not mentioned anywhere! Please advise at your earliest convenience.

Back
Top Bottom