Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2020, Spielberg - Race 1/?

Rate the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix (1) out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well done Bottas, his restarts were inspired and he schooled Hamilton today in equal hardware, I'm impressed. He was deliberately setting the restart pace mid corner to upset Hamilton
What? Inspired? He did the same restart twice and caught Hamilton out on the third time only, and he had 8 seconds lead in clean air before that but Hamilton cruised up behind him in 5 laps having had to do overtakes, and you're saying Bottas 'schooled' Hamilton, are you insane?

Oh I love this place :p

Dup

Dup

Soldato
What? Inspired? He did the same restart twice and caught Hamilton out on the third time only, and he had 8 seconds lead in clean air before that but Hamilton cruised up behind him in 5 laps having had to do overtakes, and you're saying Bottas 'schooled' Hamilton, are you insane?

Oh I love this place :p

He had DRS and made no attempt to pass his teammate despite the safety cars the whole race. Go back to previous seasons and Hamilton passing Bottas would have been a done deal before it happened in these circumstances. Watch the restarts, he hits the loud pedal at huge risk of usettling the car in the corners to make sure Hamilton had to do the same and catch them out. It worked.

If you're cursing "this place", maybe it's you that's the odd one out ;)

Soldato
He had DRS and made no attempt to pass his teammate despite the safety cars the whole race. Go back to previous seasons and Hamilton passing Bottas would have been a done deal before it happened in these circumstances.

If you're cursing "this place", maybe it's you that's the odd one out ;)
Because he was told by the team regards the gearbox sensor issues, are you nuts? :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Racing incident for me.

Still chuckling at the lunatics that think Hamilton took out Albon intentionally. Lolwut?!

Soldato
Racing incident for me too. If you watch Lewes' onboard you can see he is still applying steering to go round the corner.

Albon was right to go for the move but should had been more sensible about it. I think he was just too desperate to get past. Given the nature of the season ahead and how good Max is and what Redhill are like with their drivers. This would have been the ideal situation to get a decent lead on him while also getting Lewes back for Brazil.

Soldato
Racing incident for me too. If you watch Lewes' onboard you can see he is still applying steering to go round the corner.

Yeah, Hamilton literarily kept going in the same direction all the way around. Hamilton seemed pretty chilled when talking to SS, seems to be in a good place :cool:

Caporegime
He posted constant nonsense beyond anything close to reason.

I’d be happy for bottas to win the wdc. He’s gotten his head down and is doing his talking on the track. That’s how it should be done.

First race of the season. I also think they should cut down on the Free Practice sessions for the double headers. Two sessions on Friday then qualifying only on the Saturday. Give the lower formulae longer on track. No way do they need like 4 hours of track time to prepare when they've done hundreds of laps already this weekend.

Caporegime
Racing incident for me.

Still chuckling at the lunatics that think Hamilton took out Albon intentionally. Lolwut?!

Not intentional but undoubtedly Hamilton's fault, it's more a case of Hamilton not wanting to accept he was beaten at that point, trying to push the limits of the space he had available and then getting caught out by Albon's much faster exit speed which caused their wheels to touch. What Hamilton should have done is realised that he was beaten, slowed down enough to keep to the tighter line he was forced onto without encroaching inside Albon's wheelbase and then tried to get it back later.

Caporegime
Good fun race. 8

Bottas was a bit lucky.
Lucky to spin in quali to hold Hamilton up (not sure if ham would have got it)
Lucky the cars had issues
Lucky Hamilton had a 5s penalty.
Lucky ham was pipped by norris at end

Think Hamilton will overhaul him soon.
Glad Bottas won to spice it up

No other team should take vettel. Its time got him to retire.

Lots of car failures, so lots of safety cars..great!
Concerning for merc if cars are that fragile

Great last lap by norris!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom