What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Oooh extra points for taking it to the tip tbh. I just grabbed all of my gripper and broke it in to lots of pieces (approx 300-400mm lengths) with my hands as I was removing it and then dropped it in my black bin!

Soldato
Lol,.good effort - they got shoved in the black bin bag with the carpet offcuts. The longer pieces you can see I wrapped a carpet offcut round so i could carry them without ripping hands.to shreds

Had to go to B&Q for supplies which means passing within a.few hundred.metres of the tip do thought id Bob in. Had.a.few.more bags full of wallpaper from.stripping the other bedroom :D

Soldato
Set up my yale wireless alarm and door contacts. Really easy to configure.
Haha, today I tired to setup the Yale IA-320 alarm. Got to the point where I stuffed it all back into the box before it pushed me to launching it out the window.

I normally have no issue with confining tech even when there are problems and fault finding is required but wow I found this system bugging as hell. A bit of reading since and seems a couple of the devices had become un-synced which I'll sort tomorrow but this meant the control pad could arm the system but not turn it off!! :rolleyes:

The app is really poor.

Soldato
Finally nearly done with my little garden projects. Built my 6ft fence the ground tapers up hill so did my best to match it and due to wood shortage the wood i got had some bend to it but had to make do so will replace in future. I'm quite happy with it for my first ever fence and gate its not perfect but I have that I made this vibe hah. Local mate made my wood burner and it gets amazingly hot. Add some keter fake rattan and a bbq bench for the ooni and im sorted to sip beer and eat pizza :D

The shed has since been sanded and painted no pics yet as still in progress.

IMG-2823.jpg

IMG-2822.jpg

IMG-20200619-WA0002.jpg

Associate
Haha, today I tired to setup the Yale IA-320 alarm. Got to the point where I stuffed it all back into the box before it pushed me to launching it out the window.

I normally have no issue with confining tech even when there are problems and fault finding is required but wow I found this system bugging as hell. A bit of reading since and seems a couple of the devices had become un-synced which I'll sort tomorrow but this meant the control pad could arm the system but not turn it off!! :rolleyes:

The app is really poor.
Strange that they have unsynced. I agree the app is basic but does the job.

Soldato
The patio looks lovely but what happened to the right hand side fence, doesn't look like it's got any posts and a blind person errected it or mr blobby has crashed through it at some stage.
The neighbor erected that bad boy. He's used those push in bases which are no good for anything. The fence is only still standing as it's leaning on my shed.

He has concreted one of the posts in after the winds took out a panel but he's reused the same post and only dug it in around a foot.

D5T

D5T

Associate
Moved inside and cut out a perimeter strip of carpet and the gripper rod so we can gloss right to the bottom of the skirtings and leave (most of) the carpet in place until the new floor goes down

Just copied your idea. Best of both worlds leaving the carpet in situ whilst doing the prep and glossing - genius. Thanks

Associate
Failed miserably for the second time trying to fish some cat 6 for an outdoor security camera above some soffit space.

The thing is the electrician managed it putting the spots in. So there is some route.

I’ve had the spots down and tried following the electrical cable whilst using one of those cheap cavity cameras. Nada, zilch.

the camera looks good though. It just doesn’t work yet

Soldato
The Film Fu is strong in you. Will definitely buy better quality film next time. The problem with trimming to size once the film is in place is that our windows have a very soft rubber seal at the edge which we didn’t want cut.
If they are internally beaded the best way would be to remove that first and put it back over the film. No visible edge then.

You'd have to work in stages or be very careful so the window doesn't fall out though! :D

Soldato
Cut the grass

IMG-20200711-120316.jpg

Put a new cover on the chicken run. Was meant to replace the visqueen but decided full cover is probably best so the visqueen us staying until the second cover arrives

IMG-20200711-103014.jpg

And hung some sliding key hook things off paracord inside the run to suspend the food and water hoppers off the floor to keep them cleaner and hand level due to the run being on a slope

IMG-20200711-102953.jpg

Did some general bits and bobs round the garden and then a quick shipping run.

Just back for beer o'clock :D

Back
Top Bottom