• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A £350-400 upgrade from a GTX1070

Soldato
OP
Maybe the amd card is worth considering then..

Had nvidia for my last 2 upgrades so bit sceptical.

I assume both support HDR and Oculus rift (just got one so that's important;) )

Soldato
Maybe the amd card is worth considering then..

Had nvidia for my last 2 upgrades so bit sceptical.

I assume both support HDR and Oculus rift (just got one so that's important;) )

I don't own a RT card, and believe that the next generation of cards will be able to utilise it better, but I'm damn sure that if buying now, I would get one that at least gives me a taste of it.

Man of Honour
Why is your work paying for your hand-me-downs like an overclocked cpu from nearly 10 years ago? Seems a bit mickey-mouse to me but appreciate for a small business it might be a risk worth taking, I've never worked anywhere that would even countenance such an idea.

Soldato
OP
Why is your work paying for your hand-me-downs like an overclocked cpu from nearly 10 years ago? Seems a bit mickey-mouse to me but appreciate for a small business it might be a risk worth taking, I've never worked anywhere that would even countenance such an idea.

Was just a thought really. Tbh its sounding like theres not much point in changing from a 1070 right now.

Just need a fairly basic system to run this one program, so pretty sure this would have fit the bill rather than spending more etc.

Weighing up the options, will look in to a complete system for there too :)

Soldato
OP
^So was just just a suggestion or was it actually agreed with your employer?

Agreed (my dad is the employer, so bit different)I've just got to come up with something that runs this program well. I just thought utilising stuff I have, supplying my monitor etc too would be cheaper than buying a new system altogether but tbh there wont be much in it

But looking at how it's not really worth doing at the moment, will probably end up just getting a laptop for there that's suitable instead

Back
Top Bottom