*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Don
Was paying £77.90/month just for TV (SkyQ boxsets, multi screen, cinema, kids, HD), so now cancelling.

Best deal they offered me was £55.50/month for the above - I've already moved to the new Freesat 4k box and Youview+ so not interested in the slightest at that price.

Soldato
Do Sky have live chat available at the moment?

I need to talk to someone about my account/subscription but it says not to call and I can't see any other options for live chat.

Soldato
They have live chat if you go through the website and log in, the app only had phone numbers for me. Just cancelled my package this year over live chat.

My package had increased to £33.63 from £29.63 due to "HD fees", end of contract and it was about to raise to £78 from September. First agent offered £55, second agent offered £45, apparently my deal is better than 90% of all customers... which means 10% are on an even better deal so time to hold out for an improvement.

That was for Signature, sports, movies, 1 sky+ box, HD on sport/movies only.

Sky's latest website is a fluffing nightmare to navigate now, really confusing and not user friendly at all.

Caporegime
Any f&f codes going around? Friends just moved and looking at getting sky

I should be getting new codes on Friday if they can wait?
A friend of mine is cancelling skyq, if I was to give him my box to return instead of his (as he has the HDR model) does it matter, do sky log serial numbers anyone know?
Yes boxes are linked to accounts, sending the wrong one back would cause a lot of problems as your box would be marked as unreturned ands you'd be charged for that non-return.

Soldato
Took me 2 hours and 43 minutes to cancel. No retention deals, just offered to lower my cost by taking services off. I had the lower BB but sports, movies, q experience. It all kicked off when they wouldn't upgrade my q box to a UHD one. A good chunk of that time was trying to convince VMs 500mb is indeed faster than sky's 36mb.

So Tuesday I'm getting VM installed. Full TV in two rooms, and 500mb interweb, unlimited data sim for £89.

Soldato
Had a full Sky bundle (TV, entertainment pack,HD, broadband & phone) for a 18 month contract, contract ends so move back Virgin.

Paid final TV bill
Paid final broadband & phone bill

Just got an email from Sky telling me I cancelled my entertainment pack early...

And if I don't re-activate my subscriptions I'll be hit with a cancellation fee...

Of 6p !

Soldato
So I’m now out of contact with Sky and I'm paying £105 a month for the following , all discounts applied are going up next month

so £105 will become +£37 — £142 - gulp

Happy to contact back in but what should I be targeting as a new price -?

TV £68 includes -
Sky entertainment £22
Sky Sports Complete £14
Sky Sports - Complete Pack £28
Sky Sports Subscription Discounted - £14
Sky Cinema £11
Sky Sports HD £2
Sky Sports HD
Sky Sports HD Subscription Discounted -£4
Sky HD £5
Sky HD £6
Sky HD Subscription Discounted - £1
Sky Q Multiscreen £14
See it first. - free

Broadband and talk £37

Sky WiFi free
Sky talk anytime extra £10
Sky broadband super fast £27
Sky broadband super fast £32
In contract discount £5
Sky talk lane rental free
Sky broadband boost £5
Sky broadband boost -free
Call charges free

£105

Soldato
Any idea what is, realistically, the best price for pretty much everything?

I was offered this:

signature bundle - £20
netflix - £4
kids £1
hd £3
sports £18
cinema £8
multiroom - £10
superfast - £21
free line rental
calls £8

So a total of £93 a month. Seem a bit steep to me overall when I used to pay about £65 not that long ago, ha ha.

Man of Honour
Think I'm going to have to cancel completely unless there's a PAYG service without contract? Looking at moving house before March next year and most of them are in VM areas and don't have any decent Openreach services. So I figure it's best to just get TV through Virgin as it'll work out cheaper, albeit with an inferior experience.

Soldato
Think I'm going to have to cancel completely unless there's a PAYG service without contract? Looking at moving house before March next year and most of them are in VM areas and don't have any decent Openreach services. So I figure it's best to just get TV through Virgin as it'll work out cheaper, albeit with an inferior experience.
NowTV is their PAYG product.

Soldato
I'm looking at cancelling Sky TV but am only 8 or 9 months in to an 18 month subscription to Sky Q Ultimate On Demand etc and multiscreen.

I presume I will have to pay for the remaining months and I think I read it as saying it will be a reduced amount. Any ideas on what it might be?

Soldato
I'm looking at cancelling Sky TV but am only 8 or 9 months in to an 18 month subscription to Sky Q Ultimate On Demand etc and multiscreen.

I presume I will have to pay for the remaining months and I think I read it as saying it will be a reduced amount. Any ideas on what it might be?

Where are you reading the bit about "reduced rate"?
If you're only 8-9 months into an 18 month contract you're almost certainly already on a reduced rate, can't think you're paying full price for everything (if you're a new customer or have just regraded).
I've never looked into ending contracts early - but obviously interested as to what you think Sky get out of watching you pay exactly what you are paying (plus the yearly allowed increases) for the next 9-10 months or allowing you to reduce the amount you are paying over the same period.

Soldato
Where are you reading the bit about "reduced rate"?
If you're only 8-9 months into an 18 month contract you're almost certainly already on a reduced rate, can't think you're paying full price for everything (if you're a new customer or have just regraded).
I've never looked into ending contracts early - but obviously interested as to what you think Sky get out of watching you pay exactly what you are paying (plus the yearly allowed increases) for the next 9-10 months or allowing you to reduce the amount you are paying over the same period.

I think I meant early termination charges. I found a pdf attached on one of the help links and it showed reduced monthly costs.....HOWEVER this is if you can in fact use ETC and cancel contracts early which according to the SKY guy I spoke to today is not allowed if you're in contract.

He says they can downgrade me by removing Kids, HD and Ultimate On Demand but if I want to terminate my contract completely I can't until June 2021. I think this is crazy, why can't you just leave and pay a penalty to leave (to cover their lost revenue). If I am not satisfied with them for any reason I still can't leave until June 2021. What happens if I was leaving the country in December. I still couldn't pay to get out of the contract. It's just stupid !!

Soldato
Cancelled mine a few weeks ago, can't remember what the package was but basically the 2tb Q, entertainment, HD, movies and netflix, think it was around £39 a month so went on chat and eventually the best they offered was the same as what a new customer would get which I think was around £25 or thereabouts, didnt accept it but this time around ive not had any emails with better offers like I did previously and its due to come stop on saturday i think.

Back
Top Bottom