** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
Pre-Ordered the 32" G7 Yesterday......very excited....first ever high refresh rate gaming monitor I've ever had....always had a high end gaming PC...but always stuck with a non gaming 60hz ultrawide...and after just building a new rig, thought this would go nicely with it along with a 3080ti when they come out....would have liked a 4K option, but this looks pretty epic.

I assume nobody knows when they are landing for delivery?

The place I got mine from, got another bundle today but sold out in an hour. So I'd say there slowly landing the UK this week and probs next.

Associate
I've pre-ordered the 32". Hopefully I get an answer on how well the lfc performs before it ships, otherwise I might consider switching to the 27".

Granted I currently have a 1080ti, so shouldn't be dropping below 80 very often.

Last edited:
Associate
So, what does everyone think about the pricing, was this some clever marketing stunt, come in high and have a "special" pre order promotion, but really it was their target pricing all along?. Lets assume its all legit, and this is a special offer, where do we see the pricing going in 6 months or Black Friday?, I am looking at the 32 inch model and I am trying to figure out if it will get this low again, or perhaps lower?, we do not have any SOLID proper reviews of this screen, with all valid measurements taken etc etc.

Soldato
So, what does everyone think about the pricing, was this some clever marketing stunt, come in high and have a "special" pre order promotion, but really it was their target pricing all along?. Lets assume its all legit, and this is a special offer, where do we see the pricing going in 6 months or Black Friday?, I am looking at the 32 inch model and I am trying to figure out if it will get this low again, or perhaps lower?, we do not have any SOLID proper reviews of this screen, with all valid measurements taken etc etc.

For £450 you are getting insane amounts of value, Just a few months ago the best 240hz was a TN panel with no HDR or any special features for arounnd £700 lol

Associate
The pricing is insane really. It's funny because if it was IPS the monitor would be a lot more expensive, IPS is in terms of image quality for movies, graphically based story games inferior to VA so it's a bargain.

Associate
LFC should cover that normally. When below the range nvidia cards should double the framerate by duplicating frames. Seems some peoples lfc isn't holding up properly.

Associate
This seems like a massive issue tbh, so from my understanding if your gpu drops below the 80fps (80hz) low end gsync rate then it will flicker? Doesnt this defeat the purpose of gysnc in the first place.

To clarify, the 27" is 60-240hz, the 32" is 80-240Hz.

Realistically, if you haven't got the hardware to keep FPS above 80 is a 240hz monitor the right choice? I mean the flickering needs to be sorted but still...

Associate
Turn off freesync then.
I know I will anyway, because MBR is much more useful for me than lack of tearing.

Tearing is less of a problem on 240hz screen. With 60-80 fps content, only every 3rd or 4th frame will have a tear, and frame duration is only 4ms. You will struggle to notice it

And then of course there are old school methods. Vsync.
And fast vsync which both amd and nvidia have now, don't remember the exact names. Triple buffering in essense.

Associate
To clarify, the 27" is 60-240hz, the 32" is 80-240Hz.

Realistically, if you haven't got the hardware to keep FPS above 80 is a 240hz monitor the right choice? I mean the flickering needs to be sorted but still...

I've never had a gsync screen but always thought the idea of it was to keep the visuals looking butter smooth regardless of the fps. I don't play first person shooters and my main like is to have the best possible visual quality, so would have thought that dipping below 60fps would be accounted for. Rig is an 8600k with a 2070s, not the best of the best but no slouch either.

Associate
That again, is the intent of LFC. These aren't full g-sync monitors though, as otherwise the range would effectively be 1-240hz

Soldato
I really like the look of the 27inc. Seems to have implemented quite a good feature set for a decent price.

Blacklight bleed seems to be an issue but I find I notice IPS glow more than blacklight bleed.

Associate
I've never had a gsync screen but always thought the idea of it was to keep the visuals looking butter smooth regardless of the fps. I don't play first person shooters and my main like is to have the best possible visual quality, so would have thought that dipping below 60fps would be accounted for. Rig is an 8600k with a 2070s, not the best of the best but no slouch either.

A proper G-Sync module does provide this from 1 FPS up to the monitors max refresh, however, these monitors are G-Sync Compatible, meaning they have a higher lower limit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom