• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
So no difference, shame he just assumed what applies for Nvidia must apply to AMD and didn't bother testing any AMD GPU's, it probably is but it would be nice to know, I doubt Nvidia are the be all and end all for technology like this and I find it annoying when people like him assume they are, these technologies are for and come from the world of Microsoft based Consoles where Nvidia have 0 presence.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
So no difference, shame he just assumed what applies for Nvidia must apply to AMD and didn't bother testing any AMD GPU's, it probably is but it would be nice to know, I doubt Nvidia are the be all and end all for technology like this and I find it annoying when people like him assume they are, these technologies are for and come from the world of Microsoft based Consoles where Nvidia have 0 presence.

Agreed, there are a few that imply this mentality I think your man Jay2cent is another that I would not take as informative from past form in these types of topics.

Caporegime
Which is one of many reasons AMD need to do well not just in performance terms but also features technology implication.
Nvidia marketing leads one to believe they invent everything while AMD always play catch up, badly.
You see it in here too, Microsoft have made a lot of updates and changes to their API with many more to come, when ever Microsoft role out a new addition to the API people are almost at pain's to insert the now obligatory "Nvidia worked with Microsoft on that" narrative.
Microsoft don't give a crap about desktop gaming they don't make a penny from us lot, they are all about their console eco system.
How much of this is actually AMD developing these technologies for thier new architecture and insisting they also get added to the Windows environment.

Associate
Added a second screen to my pc yesterday. Its just a 7 inch lcd for the Aida 64 Sensor panel. Its connected to my Vega 64 by HDMI and my main monitor is connected by DP.

But ever since I added it I've been getting BSOD Thread stuck in device driver. Never ever had this error before.

What could be causing this ?

Soldato
if you got onboard gfx just use 2nd monitor on that its what i did when i ran 2 because back then it wouldnt idle my gpu if monitors were on through the gpu 670 i think. But downclocked ok when idle if used 2nd on igpu.

Associate
There's been no new drivers for a while now (2 months), hopefully the reason's that they're busy making sure Big Navi gets a good driver on release.

I would much prefer that if I'm honest. I didn't get my 5700XT till January and I had issues. But at least I didn't have to wait as long as the early adopters lol

However come the next CPU and GPUs from AMD I think I will be this time around.

Soldato
The date for 20.5.1 is misleading as its been revised i think twice and the dates changed with minor revisions but kept the same 20.5.1 number. So yes they are older than the date it currently says on the page.

Permabanned
20.5.1 was released 10 Jun 20, not even a month old :p

My mistake, I thought it split up so 20.5.1 means the first week of May 2020.

The date for 20.5.1 is misleading as its been revised i think twice and the dates changed with minor revisions but kept the same 20.5.1 number. So yes they are older than the date it currently says on the page.

So my install is actually out of date then as I got it when 20.5.1 first released, It is a weird way to do it.

Soldato
You just realize how bias for Nvidia he is? Ah man you must have missed his video defending Nvidia GPP. :p

When it comes to situations like this he is the last one to trust imo.

Associate
My mistake, I thought it split up so 20.5.1 means the first week of May 2020.

So my install is actually out of date then as I got it when 20.5.1 first released, It is a weird way to do it.

Well, that is true because the GPU scheduling driver is still called 20.5.1 but is dated 24-Jun-20, make of that what you will.

Also, you're right about the naming convention lining up with the month where the middle digit, 5 in this case, usually meaning May but I think they were delayed for some reason.

I'm guessing we will get 20.6.1 this month unless AMD skip straight to 20.7.1 :rolleyes:

Associate
Installed 20.5.1 HSW the other day and with scheduling turned on COD:MW feels a little better on my 4690K (quad core - no hyperthreading).

Previously 20.5.1 didn't integrate/perform well and went back to 20.2.2

Soldato
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-7-1

Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1 Highlights
Support For

• Disintegration™
  • AMD Bug Report Tool(1)
    • The AMD Bug Report Tool is a new and easy way to report issues directly to us. Simply fill in the form and send the report in. The tool will automatically capture system details for you, giving our development teams the necessary information to identify and resolve issues in future software releases.
Fixed Issues
  • Some game titles may experience hitching or stutter when Instant Replay is enabled on Radeon RX 5000 series system configurations.
  • Radeon RX Vega Series and Radeon VII graphics products may experience performance drops when Performance Metrics Overlay is open while a game is running.
  • An error message may sometimes be displayed instead of your stream preview when switching between tabs in Radeon Software while streaming.
  • Custom fan and clock tuning may sometimes reset to default when changes are applied in the Radeon Performance Tuning tab.
  • Custom tuning profiles may fail to load or apply correctly after some system boots.
  • Display resolution may fail to stretch to full panel when the display scaling feature is enabled for Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive.
  • The game compatibility tab in Radeon Software may sometimes show incorrect GPU information for populated games.
  • An error message indicating “Oops something went wrong” may sometimes appear when clicking on the game compatibility tab.
  • Valorant™ may be detected or listed incorrectly as League of Legends™ in the gaming tab in Radeon Software.
  • Microsoft™ Teams may experience an intermittent TDR when performing screen sharing on some APU system configurations.
  • Saints Row™: The Third Remastered may experience a system crash or hang when changing display mode.
  • DOTA2™ may experience frame drops when Radeon Chill is enabled and the system is left idle for a short period of time.
  • Invoking Radeon Overlay may cause stuttering in playback content when using the Netflix™ Windows® store application.
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ may experience an application crash or hang when loading into some train stations.
  • Fan speed may report as zero when GPU-Z is running alongside a 3D application.
  • The toast messages for some features such as Instant Replay, Instant GIF and Radeon Replay are not correctly showing when Record Desktop is set to off.
  • Radeon Software Install now provides an error message when a user attempts to install unsupported hardware.
  • Some AMD Ryzen™ 3 2200U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Vega 3 Graphic system configurations may experience a system hang or long boot time when upgrading from previous Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition releases.
  • DOOM Eternal™ may experience intermittent corruption on Radeon RX 5600 series graphics products.
  • DOOM Eternal™ may experience a system hang when HDR and Radeon Overlay are enabled.
  • Some hardware accelerated Chrome™ content leveraging VP9 playback may experience corruption on DisplayPort™ connected displays.
  • Grass or water corruption may be visible in Final Fantasy™ XV after extended periods of gameplay.
  • Radeon Software may fail to generate a profile for League of Legends™ in the gaming tab.
  • Radeon Software’s in-game overlay may fail to appear or may cut off when invoked on 4K display, while the desktop resolution is set to 4K and a game is running with a resolution set to 1080p.
  • After using the DirectML Media Filters in Radeon Software, graphics memory may no longer report accurately in Radeon Software performance section or may report still in use.
  • Enabling Radeon Image Sharpening may cause colors to appear washed out when HDR is enabled.
Known Issues
  • Performance Tuning Profiles saved from previous Radeon Software releases will no longer be compatible with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1 and onward.
  • Launching VR applications using the Oculus Rift™ headset may cause corruption or a system hang on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
  • With HDR enabled, Windows® desktop may experience flickering, and performing a task switch while in a game may cause colors to become washed out or over saturated.
  • YouTube playback may become frozen with Microsoft® Edge player and Chrome™ when played on an extended display on some AMD Ryzen™ 7 3000 series and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 series APU system configurations.
  • Banners in Radeon Software may sometimes fail to show, and navigation buttons for those banners may fail to work.
  • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
  • Previews for video content on Netflix® using Microsoft® Edge browser may fail to load or appear black.
  • AMD is investigating isolated reports of intermittent system hangs while exiting system sleep on some AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics.
  • AMD will continue to monitor and investigate any new reports of black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay closely. Users are encouraged to use the new Bug Reporting Tool for any issues they may encounter.
Footnotes
(1) AMD Bug Report Tool is available for all GCN and RDNA based graphics products. Supported on Windows®7 and Windows®10 operating systems

Important Notes
  • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition can be found here.

Back
Top Bottom