So..lynx marmite

Soldato
So thats where all the marmite has gone, its been missing from the supermarket shelves for weeks I can't get any for love nor money thought it must be panic buying again but it appears they've all been turned into... deodorant? :confused:

Soldato
OP
So thats where all the marmite has gone, its been missing from the supermarket shelves for weeks I can't get any for love nor money thought it must be panic buying again but it appears they've all been turned into... deodorant? :confused:
You simply spray your toast now for that moreish Africa/marmite taste.

Commissario
Anyone wanting to smell like marmite, lynx have you covered :eek: Like.. what!? :confused: :confused:

54Zg6Bq.jpg

No need for a deodorant that smells like it.
Just have the lass smear it all over and away we go! ;)

That's worrying as a marmite lover!

Although it seems round my way we can still get the 250g pots of salty black gold, which is lucky as I just opened my last 500g pot, which I was surprised to find is a few weeks past it's expiry as normally I go through a pot like that every month or two.
Having said that since lockdown I've had to get different bread to normal so haven't been eating as many marmite sarnies or on toast (you need to have a thick enough layer that the cheese floats on top).

I suspect with the pubs closed there may have been a shortage of the raw materials if the brewers weren't operating at normal capacity.

Soldato
I suspect with the pubs closed there may have been a shortage of the raw materials if the brewers weren't operating at normal capacity.

That was what was reported, with Breweries not producing the waste yeast then the supply to Marmite dried up, now the pubs are back open it shouldn't be too long before the demand for pints has kick the brewing process back up.

Associate
The black elixir is a mainstay of my life, fortunately I've not struggled so far in maintaining my own supply.

I've been trying the marmite cashew nuts recently, would recommend.

Though I've been trying to source some vegemite the past few months, having spent time in Australia, sadly I can only seem to find it online at inflated prices.

Back
Top Bottom