LG c9 OLED

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Not sure I’d trust placing the TV on that. :eek:

Went for a transparent glass riser from Amazon for about £70 in the end. It’s 100x30x13 but can easily carry the weight.

It’ll do for now at least.

Soldato
Not sure I’d trust placing the TV on that. :eek:

Went for a transparent glass riser from Amazon for about £70 in the end. It’s 100x30x13 but can easily carry the weight.

It’ll do for now at least.

I fitted my 77" oled to plasterboard wall with drawing pins. It's fine.

Hang on just heard a crash

Associate
I fitted my 55” to the wall using 4 M6 attachments into brick plugs and I still worry about it. :p
Granted it’s on an extendable arm, but still.

Soldato
Newer manufactured ones have it while the original c9 box when launched does not so may be why you see it / don't. close up it is the following:

IU9Xipw.jpg

Soldato
What does everyone do with their boxes?

I've still got the box from my last TV as JL said I had to keep it for warranty returns. I don't think this was accurate though. I'll have to check the RS warranty T&Cs, as I don't really want to keep my LG one for the next 6 years.

Soldato
What does everyone do with their boxes?

I've still got the box from my last TV as JL said I had to keep it for warranty returns. I don't think this was accurate though. I'll have to check the RS warranty T&Cs, as I don't really want to keep my LG one for the next 6 years.

Personally keep the box folded and put in loft. Mostly as it makes things easier to sell on if I feel inclined to do so.

not sure on warranty aspect though if needed. Afaik RS do not spell it out when I last looked.

Soldato
Do you guys keep the polystyrene? As that's what really protects the TV. It's amazing how secure a perfectly fitted box/polystyrene insert is. I test TVs for work and we have a room full of boxes and test units, it's a nightmare.

The OLEDs are terrifyingly thin, I'd hate to lose the box. Which is why it's taking up half my hallway until I can stash it back at work :rolleyes:

Associate
Lol on having to keep the box for warranties. I’d need a second house to store all the boxes!

I tend to throw boxes out. If moving, I’ll just get loads of bubblewrap.

Soldato
Do you guys keep the polystyrene? As that's what really protects the TV. It's amazing how secure a perfectly fitted box/polystyrene insert is. I test TVs for work and we have a room full of boxes and test units, it's a nightmare.

The OLEDs are terrifyingly thin, I'd hate to lose the box. Which is why it's taking up half my hallway until I can stash it back at work :rolleyes:

Yeah just keep it all. As you say it it wraps TV well and fortunately lots of loft space. Always feel scared laying the OLED's down to put mount on, as you say, most the panel is so dam thin!

Back
Top Bottom