Guess the Tesco 'substitute' item

Man of Honour
Is this a cry for help?

On re-reading my post, it could well be construed that way I guess, but I just like to know that there’s vodka here when I feel like a shot of it, which is two or three times per week.
Like good coffee, if I go into the kitchen when I get up in the a.m., and I don’t pour myself a cup of joe, then something’s gone seriously wrong with the day, or I’m in the wrong house!

Caporegime
On re-reading my post, it could well be construed that way I guess, but I just like to know that there’s vodka here when I feel like a shot of it, which is two or three times per week.
Like good coffee, if I go into the kitchen when I get up in the a.m., and I don’t pour myself a cup of joe, then something’s gone seriously wrong with the day, or I’m in the wrong house!
Was gonna say, with a name like Jean-Francois, you must be a coffee and wine and cheese man.

Soldato
is it an algorithm ? I always assumed it was the human doing the picking

Their handset will give them some alternative options or they can pick something themselves if everything is out. Thing is even some of the recommended subs are just silly, almost certain to get returned or at the min just refunded.

The pickers don't get much time though so might have just grabbed something to hand, everything is timed and monitored on the handsets.

Soldato
Lol, and I thought it was crazy that my mate had some grapefruit substituted with lemons :p. They probably have a right laugh in the warehouse seeing what they can get away with!

Caporegime
Tesco delivered today, one item not available and not charged for, 1 litre Smirnoff vodka, £17.00.
Initially gutted, then remembered that there is a half full litre bottle in the fridge, plus 2 X 1 litre bottles in the freezer.
Quickly adjusted the Asda order to add 1 litre Smirnoff vodka, £20.50, could have had Russian Standard vodka at £18.00, but prefer Smirnoff, and £3.50 won’t put me in the poor house.
Interesting thing to brag about, being an alcoholic. :p

Caporegime
Its the maths of the pickers that i dont get sometimes with substitutes. I have ordered 2 boxes of beer, 15 bottles in a box so 30 in total and they havent had them in stock but they have substituted with 4 boxes of the much more expensive 6 bottles packs. Okay they have dropped the price down to match the cost of 2 boxes of 15 but they dont see it been an issue that I only now have 24 bottles of beer and all somebody needed to have done was send 5 packs of 6 bottles.

Happens all the time.

Soldato
You should put in a claim to Tesco for compensation for a now blocked toilet after using their recommended/substituted bird feed for bleach.

Soldato
It is a human and they choose the substitution, some of them are just thick as pig poop.

Or bored and having a laugh.

Got to be the latter for that substitution. Heck i mean bird food and bleach aren't even in the same aisles in a shop, so i can't imagine they'd be anywhere near each other in a warehouse.

Soldato
I've had one or two items not delivered before as I wouldn't want it subbed. However, Sainsbury's last time just moved my cleaning products from Mr Muscle to Mr Muscle Platinum, rather than a Tesco move of some frozen lamb and shaving gel. :p

Maybe it's a sign? Using bird seed to clean the toilet like a walnut shell blast for cleaning coke deposition?

Soldato
Tesco delivered today, one item not available and not charged for, 1 litre Smirnoff vodka, £17.00.
Initially gutted, then remembered that there is a half full litre bottle in the fridge, plus 2 X 1 litre bottles in the freezer.
Quickly adjusted the Asda order to add 1 litre Smirnoff vodka, £20.50, could have had Russian Standard vodka at £18.00, but prefer Smirnoff, and £3.50 won’t put me in the poor house.
Is this a cry for help?

Must be, who prefers Smirnoff to Russian Standard?? :p

Man of Honour
Must be, who prefers Smirnoff to Russian Standard?? :p

In actual fact James, I prefer Absolut, but I’m quite happy to drink either Russian Standard or Smirnoff, I find them equally agreeable, they both taste fine to me :)

Interesting thing to brag about, being an alcoholic. :p

Ah, appearances can be deceptive Acme, I enjoy a shot of vodka when I’m in the mood, but there are times when I’ll go for days without getting in that mood.
I don’t wake up jonesing for booze, and I function well without the stuff :cool:;)

Soldato
Got to be the latter for that substitution. Heck i mean bird food and bleach aren't even in the same aisles in a shop, so i can't imagine they'd be anywhere near each other in a warehouse.

They're picked in store, not via the warehouses. Those staff you see walking around with trolleys and multiple totes are doing people's home shops.

Defo a peetake sub though :D

Soldato
You should dump a load of it down the toilet and take a picture to send to Tesco.

”This Peckish mix is awful for cleaning the bowl!” :p

Back
Top Bottom