Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
I've not experienced anything like the videos, but I must say on PC it does feel inconsistent sometimes.

I could never get on with Precision, always used Standard with Dynamic response curve, 7/7 sensitivity and a 0.85 modifier on low zoom ADS.

Associate
Whats the difference between standard, Precision and other modes?
I remember trying controller on PC, There was definitely no aim assist when using it.

Standard is the same as most other CoD titles. There's an invisible bubble around the player where your aim will slow down a little bit when you pass over it. On standard, this extends maybe one player width either side of the enemy player and the slowdown amount is quite small. Precision the "bubble is much much smaller, slightly narrower than the player model itself, but the slowdown is more severe. Focussing is somewhere between the two. What none of these assist options do is "snap" you onto target. If you ADS while your crosshair is off target, you will still be off target when you ADS.

Standard and Focussing also give a small amount of "rotation", which is why strafing is so common on console. Precision apparently doesn't but that might have changed in recent patches.

Personally I use Standard with Dynamic response curve, works best for me. The slowdown with precision is way too jarring for me and I'm less accurate with it.

Soldato
It's a real bugger - I play with my brother. He's Xbox and I'm PC and I'm kind of torn because I reckon Xbox players would get absolutely mullered by mouse and keyboard players, but at the same time it would suck to remove crossplay. That being said I do get slightly irritated by seeing a killcam where there's a clear aim assist element.

Iirc console players aren't effected by stun to anywhere near the same amount, it's almost full movement.

Caporegime
Nice bit of cheating from mr Dave369!

https://codstats.net/warzone/cheaters_tracker/cheater/pc/Dave369

Hid in a corner, came straight for me BANG instant death
Landed on a roof out of the way, straight for me BANG instant death
Ran into the bank, down three levels, hid at the back of the SAFE, came straight for me, BANG instant death
Spawned in the sky, BANG instant death from an SKS no scope

No foot tracking, no heart monitor

https://streamable.com/lryioa

AND YET HE'S STILL PLAYING!!!

Soldato
Standard is the same as most other CoD titles. There's an invisible bubble around the player where your aim will slow down a little bit when you pass over it. On standard, this extends maybe one player width either side of the enemy player and the slowdown amount is quite small. Precision the "bubble is much much smaller, slightly narrower than the player model itself, but the slowdown is more severe. Focussing is somewhere between the two. What none of these assist options do is "snap" you onto target. If you ADS while your crosshair is off target, you will still be off target when you ADS.

Standard and Focussing also give a small amount of "rotation", which is why strafing is so common on console. Precision apparently doesn't but that might have changed in recent patches.

Personally I use Standard with Dynamic response curve, works best for me. The slowdown with precision is way too jarring for me and I'm less accurate with it.

Thanks for explaining.
I'll play about with settings. It's been a while since I've tinkered with stuff so don't really want to disrupt the feel I've got for it.

Associate
Thanks for explaining.
I'll play about with settings. It's been a while since I've tinkered with stuff so don't really want to disrupt the feel I've got for it.

If you've played previous CoD titles with a controller then Standard aim assist and Standard response curve will feel very familiar. The response curve for standard is exponential so it gives you that lower rotation speed when you move the stick and the speed of rotation gets faster as you push it further. Dynamic is an S curve. If you're precise enough it gives you more mobility but you will struggle to aim if you're not very precise with your sticks.

Zm2EpV3.png

Once I got used to Dynamic I preferred it.

Soldato
If you've played previous CoD titles with a controller then Standard aim assist and Standard response curve will feel very familiar. The response curve for standard is exponential so it gives you that lower rotation speed when you move the stick and the speed of rotation gets faster as you push it further. Dynamic is an S curve. If you're precise enough it gives you more mobility but you will struggle to aim if you're not very precise with your sticks.

Zm2EpV3.png

Once I got used to Dynamic I preferred it.

Interesting, I'll play about with each one and see what like.
I've been playing on ps4 for the past 10 years after being heavily into PC gaming. I'm now looking at moving back to PC and K&M.

Soldato
Actually, I have a question regarding graphics on PC.
I am running an AMD 3600 with Vega 56 and usually see fps in the region of 80-100fps at 1440P.
What settings would be best to reduce but not really affect the graphics quality so I can bump the FPS up a bit?

Permabanned
Brother and I played heavily intoxicated last night and despite making absolute howling errors like forgetting to replace the stun grenade in my loadout with a heartbeat sensor and accidentally dropping a loadout marker whilst stood right next to a loadout drop, we somehow managed three top ten finishes, one of which was a second place. Still can't beat the adrenaline rush of that last circle closing in. :D

Soldato
Actually, I have a question regarding graphics on PC.
I am running an AMD 3600 with Vega 56 and usually see fps in the region of 80-100fps at 1440P.
What settings would be best to reduce but not really affect the graphics quality so I can bump the FPS up a bit?
Do you mean increase FPS without trying to reduce graphics quality... Ray tracing (RXT) turn that off.

Back
Top Bottom