*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
So who’s been playing Duke Nukem?

Epic game, so much cheese, love it! What’s disturbing is that having not played the game for over a decade, I still remember where all the mobs and secrets are...

The developer commentary is great. It’s a shame that it’s not in every level.

Associate
Two year warranty, waiting for mine to come back, had a few emails saying they are due to be inspected. Not expecting them back for at least another two weeks as they have a backlog.

Ended up buying a repair kit of amazon for 14 quid. Very easy to do.

Man of Honour
Replacement sticks are sub par, they don't have the same feel as the originals and they'll develop issues sooner than the official sticks would.

I speak from experience.

My replacements have far outlasted the originals, which were clearly very poor quality.

The originals also had very poor fine control and handled more like a dpad, although the new ones are no better or worse in that regard.

I speak from experience.

Caporegime
My replacements have far outlasted the originals, which were clearly very poor quality.

The originals also had very poor fine control and handled more like a dpad, although the new ones are no better or worse in that regard.

I speak from experience.
Have you had experience of both the old and newer OEM sticks?

Associate
Replacement sticks are sub par, they don't have the same feel as the originals and they'll develop issues sooner than the official sticks would.

I speak from experience.

Let's see I guess. The replacements certainly feel much better than the state the oem ones were in.

For 14quid, its worth a pop.

Associate
Let's see I guess. The replacements certainly feel much better than the state the oem ones were in.

For 14quid, its worth a pop. Especially when 5he other options are a few weeks with no controllers or a new set for 60 quid.

Whoops - quoted myself when I meant to edit my initial reply

Soldato
What a game.

I bought it day one way back in 1994. It was a game changer in terms of graphics, sound and level design. I'd never seen anything like it.

I look forward to people complaining about how difficult it is.

Although it will be trivial to complete if people abuse the rewind feature.

Yeah it frustrated me at the time with the difficulty but I just wanted to keep on going because I was driven to see what was coming next.

Soldato
I found Donkey Kong Country more easier than Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on the Wii U.

Waiting for Donkey Kong Country 2, whenever that will be, that's my favorite :)

Soldato
I found Donkey Kong Country more easier than Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on the Wii U.

Waiting for Donkey Kong Country 2, whenever that will be, that's my favorite :)

Hmm maybe I am better at the games than I used to be. I found Tropical Freeze tricky at times but never outright difficult. I hear the sequels are pretty decent. I've never played them so yeah that would be a treat.

Soldato
Hmm maybe I am better at the games than I used to be. I found Tropical Freeze tricky at times but never outright difficult. I hear the sequels are pretty decent. I've never played them so yeah that would be a treat.

Or maybe because I had better reflexes in 1995 as an kid.....now 25 years later.......not so much...lol.

I struggled with Tropical Freeze and never completed but Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3 on the SNES and GBA I completed.

Soldato
I think the point is that there aren’t any deals because they are selling every console they make. So the best answer is, buy it from anyone that has it at RRP or below, who that actually is doesn’t really matter.

Back
Top Bottom