• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Sold my PS4P today for £240, thought I'd do it before they drop big time if they do at all. Hopefully that's about 50% towards a V if I get one.

Think I'm going to do exactly the same. Keep the best games and can hopefully enjoy them backwards compat on the 5 while there isnt much early gen content.

Where did you sell for 240? Just ebay it?

Soldato
Think I'm going to do exactly the same. Keep the best games and can hopefully enjoy them backwards compat on the 5 while there isnt much early gen content.

Where did you sell for 240? Just ebay it?

I got my sister to do it for me on Facebook marketplace. Listed it at 250, it was the Fortnite edition one (didn't get it because of that) which was released in July 2019 and came with Spiderman.

Associate
I got my sister to do it for me on Facebook marketplace. Listed it at 250, it was the Fortnite edition one (didn't get it because of that) which was released in July 2019 and came with Spiderman.
im thinking of doing that with my ps4 pro death stranding edition with game and sony gold headset,
but just finishing of spiderman and thinking do you think game will do something like trade in your ps4 and get the 5 for so on.

Soldato
im thinking of doing that with my ps4 pro death stranding edition with game and sony gold headset,
but just finishing of spiderman and thinking do you think game will do something like trade in your ps4 and get the 5 for so on.

I expect they will yes however it another layer of hassle I didn't want and also if the offer isn't great then I expect there will be a surplus of people trying to sell at that stage.

Man of Honour
Definitely prefer it horizontally. Wonder which of the stands it’s going to come with.
Surely be the stand to lay it flat as that's how most people would have it I'd think

If you look at the shape of the stand when it's horizontal, it - to me - looks curved in a way that matches the curve of the side of the console's body. I think this indicates that it's just one stand.

Soldato
Sold my PS4P today for £240, thought I'd do it before they drop big time if they do at all. Hopefully that's about 50% towards a V if I get one.

Got rid of mine at Easter. Not much coming out this side of the new console launches anyway, and I've still got the PC, Switch, and Xbox One AD.

Tempted to dump the Xbox too. CEX are giving £124 cash for it. Only cost me £99 in the first place (with games) and it only really gets used for Netflix etc. in bed.

Soldato
I just hope that means further PC ports aren't exclusive to Epic in the future. :(
Yeah, although I'd rather they appeared on EGS than not on PC at all.

Has it been specified that it was actually SIE doing the investing? Could be movie related instead, given how Epic are touting Unreal as a special effects tool. I mean, Epic have had to offer cash up front to entice others to be exclusive on their platform. So it would be strange if Sony had to pay them for the same privilege!

Associate
Not had a playstation since the PS2, we've been running xbox's since they came out. But now i'm wondering what accessories will basically be mandatory to get on release!

Apart from the console, I think an extra controller and charging station will be needed (5 people in my household). Planning to buy the current PSVR, so the new camera seems sensible too. What about the 3d headphones? Seems like a good buy, but a lot of money for them!

Anything else I should really be considering?

Associate
A Gigabit connection for dem game downloads breh.

Not sure if being serious :p but unlikely to be required (although we would all love faster Internet - can get 1Gb where I live in Salisbury now :D).

With the storage and asset management that next gen has thanks to the SSD's this should mean that in theory there should be less requirement for large game files as common textures typically required to be stored in multiple locations to reduce search times on standard HDD's aren't needed meaning game sizes should come down.

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom