• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

From one Nvidia card to another, uninstall drivers?

Soldato
Is this a necessary step? Took out a 1070 this morning, putting in a 2060 this evening. Should it work off the drivers I already have, or should I uninstall them regardless?

Man of Honour
Try it, I've had no problems. I see more issues arise from people going OTT, using DDU etc when it's not necessary. I used to have AMD and Nvidia drivers installed before and had no issues swapping cards in/out, simultaneously gaming and mining. Christmas 2017 was a crazy time :p

Soldato
I went from a 1070Ti to a 2070S at the weekend and for some reason, I couldn't set the resolution higher than 1080p with the existing drivers, so I ended up having to uninstall them & then download newer ones.

Man of Honour
I have generally uninstalled the old driver before shutting down to change cards (but not always) and then (always) reinstalled the latest driver with the clean option ticked - even when it sets itself up on boot automatically. So far that I can recall that method hasn't failed me.

Associate
I have generally uninstalled the old driver before shutting down to change cards (but not always) and then (always) reinstalled the latest driver with the clean option ticked - even when it sets itself up on boot automatically. So far that I can recall that method hasn't failed me.

Pretty much what I do, haven't used DDU for years. Not had an issue yet.

Back
Top Bottom