• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080Ti or mistyped 2080Ti?

Caporegime
I’ve been after another 1080ti for ages but didn’t really want used especially at the silly prices they are on eBay etc, I’d missed this one until I glanced at this thread, nice heads up. :)

IIRC B grade items never drop in price and you are expected to haggle in the CS forum.
I’ve just bought it.

Posted an offer in the CS forum, prompt reply, deal done.

:)

Soldato
I’ve been after another 1080ti for ages but didn’t really want used especially at the silly prices they are on eBay etc, I’d missed this one until I glanced at this thread, nice heads up. :)

I’ve just bought it.

Posted an offer in the CS forum, prompt reply, deal done.

:)

How much did you get it for? Is it a secret? ;)

Caporegime
How much did you get it for? Is it a secret? ;)
There is a clue in this thread. :)

How an earth was it repriced to £300 when there's a 1070Ti in there listed for £379.99!?
The 1070ti is brand new retail with full warranty, the 1080ti isn’t, B-Grade so a few bits possibly missing and / or imperfections such as scratches or dust etc and a 90 day warranty. - MSI may or may not honour the full warranty.

Soldato
There is a clue in this thread. :)

The 1070ti is brand new retail with full warranty, the 1080ti isn’t, B-Grade so a few bits possibly missing and / or imperfections such as scratches or dust etc and a 90 day warranty. - MSI may or may not honour the full warranty.
The 1070Ti is in the Clearance section too, so it can't be brand new.

Caporegime
The 1070Ti is in the Clearance section too, so it can't be brand new.
Sorry, I presumed you meant a retail example.

Post in the Customer service subforum and make an offer - which is what I did - from what I can tell B-Grade prices aren't altered significantly on the website but OC/UK are open to reasonable offers.

£300 for a lightning 1080TI looks good to me.

Yup, delighted with it, as I say I've wanted one for a long time but won't pay the silly used prices, its for SLI (which many will scoff at) but having borrowed a mates 1080ti to try SLI I was pleased with the boost it still gives in the majority of titles I play (@4K) .

My next decision is do I keep it or swap it with my nephews Zotac 1080ti AMP Extreme as I already have one and two together will look great albeit cooling may be an issue, I'm also assuming given both Zotacs are identical they'd SLI at full speed rather than throttling to the slower of the two cards as I understand SLI does....

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hate to say it but only one was showing in stock prior to me buying it, so I'm guessing one of us (assuming both orders have been processed and confirmed) will be disappointed....

Not the end of the world, I'm sure OcUK will offer an alternative if they've taken payment. Weird their stock system is that slack though.

Caporegime
Not the end of the world, I'm sure OcUK will offer an alternative if they've taken payment. Weird their stock system is that slack though.
Well, given I specifically want another 1080ti for SLI (and a replacement isn't much use to me) I hope I got in first! :D (I received my email saying its ready for collection @ 19:24... , order processed email @ 17:26...)

Back
Top Bottom