When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
I think the Andersen chargers look great. A lot more expensive than the best deals on the market, sure. But as stated, not directly comparable. Can totally see why someone would want something that looks discrete, with no wires running to or from it.

Want the real rip-offs? Chargemaster want £550 for their untethered unit. It's neither good looking, nor particularly functional. And unless things have changed since I got mine (it was a long while ago now) you only get a few years of smart services included before they ask you to cough up more money (IIRC, ~£80/year). Don't know how much they'd charge for a tethered unit with a long cable. But I suspect it wjll be far closer to the price of the Andersen than it should be :p

Last edited:
Soldato
The sport is. The evoques are diesels. Actually the paint on the sport is very odd. Main body is ok but it's the bumpers and trim that are crap. The fuel cap especially!

Miss-matching bumpers is quite common on modern cars. They paint them at different times and in different locations a lot of the time :(

It's especially noticeable on white.

Soldato
Weill British Gas have just ordered 1,000 Vauxhall Vivaro-e's as part of their fleet conversion to full electric. The interesting thing seems to be that they are paying for all of the chargers to be installed at the employees households, and educating them with regards to EV's and charging, since they may never have considered one privately.

Associate
In reply to OP: Peugeot e208 GT arriving early September to replace an 18 plate Golf GTE. Missus W is most put out she's having to take on the Yaris hybrid for 6 months until she can sort something herself in March 2021, as the Golf was technically hers to use...

Soldato
I've just seen an electric DPD van :eek:

There's one round my way. Was chatting to the chap a few weeks ago about it. He reckons it's saving him £150/week on fuel :eek: He was trying to work out whether it was worth getting a charge point installed at his house, as the van isn't always full the next morning using a 3-pin plug.

Soldato
There's one round my way. Was chatting to the chap a few weeks ago about it. He reckons it's saving him £150/week on fuel :eek: He was trying to work out whether it was worth getting a charge point installed at his house, as the van isn't always full the next morning using a 3-pin plug.

ROFL, he's using a 3-pin every day, crazy. Maybe he should tell them what British Gas are offering there staff as I mentioned above. :D

Soldato
ROFL, he's using a 3-pin every day, crazy. Maybe he should tell them what British Gas are offering there staff as I mentioned above. :D

Indeed.

He's saving ~£650/month on fuel. I'm surprised he even needed to ask the question :p

Then again, Polar Plus is cheaper than charging on a standard electricity tariff at home if you do high mileage, so he might be better off just continuing to top-up on his breaks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed.

He's saving ~£650/month on fuel. I'm surprised he even needed to ask the question :p

Then again, Polar Plus is cheaper than charging on a standard electricity tariff at home if you do high mileage, so he might be better off just continuing to top-up on his breaks.

Yeah Polar Plus is a great deal, even if you are paying the 12ppkWh and the location isn't free vend, assuming you are using the amounts the DPD driver is. Someone should tell him about the prices on Octopus and he'd be onto a winner. :)

Soldato
Could you use Octopus for a commercial scenario ? - presumably you, also, declare the electricity, with appropriate proof, on company accounts.
edit:
that was already covered , I forgot
The interesting thing seems to be that they are paying for all of the chargers to be installed at the employees households,

Back
Top Bottom