Humanscale Freedom Vs Steelcase Please

Associate
Hey @Arms. I'm roughly the same height and weight as you, how are you getting on with the chair? I could probably stretch to £300 on the budget front, anything else you found in your search that may work?

Associate
Hey @Arms. I'm roughly the same height and weight as you, how are you getting on with the chair? I could probably stretch to £300 on the budget front, anything else you found in your search that may work?
For £300 you can definitely get the headrest version, which I far preferred. Did you want a headrest or not? As there's not many good headrest options besides the Freedom for ~£300.

Associate
OP
Still sat on the Please V1 as the exchange process has been rubbish with 2ndHND. Arranged swap for the freedom 2 weeks ago. Chased it up end of last week to be told they were preparing a new batch of Please V1. I still want to exchange to a Freedom.
The Please V1 is a great chair comfort wise and would go for a V2 but out of my budget.

Associate
For £300 you can definitely get the headrest version, which I far preferred. Did you want a headrest or not? As there's not many good headrest options besides the Freedom for ~£300.

I think a headrest or certainly a higher back would be good. Are you of similar stature and able to offer a longer term review? They certainly do seem to be out there for about £300 with stock which is good.

Still sat on the Please V1 as the exchange process has been rubbish with 2ndHND. Arranged swap for the freedom 2 weeks ago. Chased it up end of last week to be told they were preparing a new batch of Please V1. I still want to exchange to a Freedom.
The Please V1 is a great chair comfort wise and would go for a V2 but out of my budget.

Hows your back holding up in the V1, average or good comfort?

Last edited:
Associate
I think a headrest or certainly a higher back would be good. Are you of similar stature and able to offer a longer term review

? They certainly do seem to be out there for about £300 with stock which is good.

Hows the back holding up in the V1?
Overall I like mine.

This review covers all the cons and pros for the chair. The guy in the review is 6ft. One of his complaints was the headrest height - which for you might be too low and only support your upper shoulders instead of neck/head.

Associate
Well I have decided to go for a Please v2 as I've run in to the headrest hitting shoulders issue before. Ill report back on if it works for me.

Associate
OP
So the exchange came today. The freedom I received is in much better condition, looks great (for a 12 yr old chair), everything works as expected, so very happy with it for £125.

Associate
OP
The Please took a week before I would say I was comfortable in it, but then the back support was excellent. Day 1 of the Freedom, lower back support is excellent and very comfortable and well put together, although as I was advised doesn't come near the Please for the higher back but as its a task chair not too much of an issue.

Associate
So I've had a day in the Please V2 from office resale. The chair looks brand new and has a 2017 date code on it which isn't too bad given the price.

It seems to be very comfy, the only think I have found is the detent on the seat base isn't quite strong enough so if I wheel myself forwards the base pulls all the way to the front. Anyone else seen that kind of issue? Overall I'm very happy with it and it provides a good amount of lower back support which has removed all my pain :)

Associate
So I've had a day in the Please V2 from office resale. The chair looks brand new and has a 2017 date code on it which isn't too bad given the price.

It seems to be very comfy, the only think I have found is the detent on the seat base isn't quite strong enough so if I wheel myself forwards the base pulls all the way to the front. Anyone else seen that kind of issue? Overall I'm very happy with it and it provides a good amount of lower back support which has removed all my pain :)
Seems like an issue with the seat depth adjustment if it's not locking in place. Might just need to tighten a screw somewhere. It shouldn't just move on it's own though.

Associate

im really annoyed now. i literally had the please v2 in my basket from office resale, as it was on offer for £125, in the process of buying, i entered details wrong and the basket refreshed and the price is now £175. they literally updated the website with new prices whilst i was in the process of buying. i cant bring myself to pay the extra £50 after i was trying to buy for 125. so annoyed.

Associate
Hi just a quick question, how comfortable is the steel please v2, for 4-5 hours excel/word work, with a bad back as the chair i'm using at the moment i got from ikea is giving me terrible back pain

Soldato
Just got my Please v2 from 2ndhnd and very disappointed. I know it's second hand but the base is really scratched on all legs, wheels not the best, scratches on back rest and left arm rest and back rest does not clip into the chair - the clips keep coming out. I've phoned them and sent them photos but I'm gonna ask for a refund if this is the state of the chair they're going to send me. I've ordered from them before and the chair I received then was like brand new. The description of the chair on their website is - Steelcase Please V2 New Black Fabric Chair. I've suggested they may want to remove the word "new" ;)

Soldato
I got my Please V2 from CorporateSpec and aside from some scratches around the base where you'd expect some wear, it's pretty much mint.

Hi just a quick question, how comfortable is the steel please v2, for 4-5 hours excel/word work, with a bad back as the chair i'm using at the moment i got from ikea is giving me terrible back pain

I've been using the Please V2 for 8-10 hours a day for the last 4 months, it's really good. Back support is excellent whether you're bolt upright or reclining, the backrest articulates to keep your posture correct.

Much better than any of the Herman Millers that I've also used extensively imo.

Soldato
im really annoyed now. i literally had the please v2 in my basket from office resale, as it was on offer for £125, in the process of buying, i entered details wrong and the basket refreshed and the price is now £175. they literally updated the website with new prices whilst i was in the process of buying. i cant bring myself to pay the extra £50 after i was trying to buy for 125. so annoyed.
The Please V2 is back on sale for £150 at office resale if you are still looking.

Associate

Does yours have arm rests can go forward/back and side-to-side? I can't tell from the product listing

Back
Top Bottom