15 police officers hurt in brixton overnight

Soldato
( don't need to start a new thread on every minor news item - can do some grouping - but, yes it can be challenging for others who only read the first post.)

Ah yes you are.
yes I kind of am,
Inadequate examples in the press of people just getting along, the BBC/Lammy/social-media ... all putting out the fire with gasoline.

If the media indoctrinates black people that any encounter with the police will be acromoniouss - it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy

Soldato
The same bickering and arguments from the same culprits just reappear in a new thread each time the previous is deleted.
Same people veering the thread off-topic, same people shouting racism - wish they would just take it to the various SC threads were they can spend all day in the echo chamber calling people whatever they want and having 99% of posters agree with them.

This one will go the same way as the many recent deleted threads.

Soldato
Interesting arrest coverage, on last nights tv - pre uk madness.

https://www.my5.tv/ultimate-police-interceptors/season-5/episode-3 ~13"

50135876663_ab355a5dd5_c_d.jpg

Soldato
At least the police are getting a payrise!!!

Hugely overpaid and under worked in my opinion.

After 5 reports I still have 2 drug dealers living at opposite ends of my road.
We made many reports about a drunk neighbour who drunk drove home from pub everyday...............................................NOTHING was ever done #thxcops

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Threads evolve - get over it, repetition of same arguments that's boring

Interesting stat by Theresa May on r4@1, effectively 25% of 15-24yr black men in London, stopped and searched during lock-down https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000kq06 33" -
(4th wall) TM's still got it, being able to deliver a coherent interview.
Is that enough, do we think? Should it be higher? And while we are about it why not stop and search an equal amount of the other youth from different ethnicities.

Soldato
I can't see whether the reasons for stop and search get triaged and published ? that would help me evaluate bias.

https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-content/stop-and-search/transparent/#stop-and-account
Mandatory details
The record must always include the minimum details specified in Code A:

• a note of the self-defined ethnicity of the person being searched (if provided) and, if different, their ethnicity as perceived by the officer conducting the search
  • the date, time and place the person was searched
  • the object of the search, ie, the article the officer was searching for, such as offensive weapon or bladed article, drugs, stolen property or items for use in theft or criminal damage
  • a clear explanation of the legal basis for the search, ie, the reasonable grounds for suspicion or authorisation
  • the identity of all officers conducting the search – where recording the names would cause a risk to the officer or if the investigation relates to terrorism, warrant/identification number and duty station can be given instead.

During the lock-down their could have been some (small) bias too, of who was actually on the streets ... having to go out to work, food shopping, fast food, and BLM protests

Capodecina
Soldato
Five police officers are facing an investigation over the stop and search of British athlete Bianca Williams and her partner in west London. (LINK)
Somehow I really don't see that "independent" investigation standing up any of the complaints by Williams and dos Santos - it is just window dressing :rolleyes:

Why on Earth did the Met put the baby on some "watch list"?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Why on Earth did the Met put the baby on some "watch list"?
Of all places a forum full of IT workers could answer that one, surely?

It is also being questioned why a Merlin report, a Met-run database that stores information on children who have become known to the police for any reason, was created for Ms Williams's son.

Capodecina
Soldato
Of all places a forum full of IT workers could answer that one, surely?
It is also being questioned why a Merlin report, a Met-run database that stores information on children who have become known to the police for any reason, was created for Ms Williams's son.
Don't the future King and Queen have young children?
Since the Met knows about them, I guess that they are on Merlin as well - so all good ;)

Back
Top Bottom